Anywhere selling real christmas trees yet?

Islarose

holloway Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Saw a few outside John Allen flowers this morning,

> they'll be brown bread by Christmas surely..?

Maybe they are in a pot?

I have one in a pot which has kept going for a good few years now.

You do have to make sure it is pot grown and not just dug up and shoved in a pot with its roots cut off to fit the pot, though!

Mind you I do have an allotment to keep it on!

I buy from a seller who is local and who sells plants etc. 52 weeks in the year. That means that I chose my tree from him (and pay for it), but he keeps it for me until a couple of weeks before Christmas in outside (cold) storage - so I only take it into the house just before Christmas. Buying too early and bringing a (cut) tree indoors will dramatically shorten its 'life', even for the non-shedders. If you have to buy early then ideally keep your tree outside (if you have anywhere) until you need it. Trees will be being cut and delivered over the next week or so, so buying a tree late doesn't mean that it's been more recently cut and is fresher. However, keeping it outside, particularly if there is a cold snap, will preserve its utility longer.

I drove past the site opposite the Harvester which has been referenced a couple of times on this thread yesterday ... and there were no trees. If you're going to buy a sawn off Christmas tree, leave it until mid December at least. How else is it going to last until 6th January?

I drove past the site opposite the Harvester which has been referenced a couple of times on this thread yesterday ... and there were no trees.

Actually, they are behind a green fence (behind where the tree trunks are lit up by lights). They are not in the front section where they used to be last year.

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I drove past the site opposite the Harvester which

> has been referenced a couple of times on this

> thread yesterday ... and there were no trees.

>

> Actually, they are behind a green fence (behind

> where the tree trunks are lit up by lights). They

> are not in the front section where they used to be

> last year.

The front section is the car park, isn't it?