Gross women

dulwich2020

If you think it's gross then you must think make up in general is gross.

People are in a rush, you don't have to look.

I think anything you can do 'on the go' is reasonable, except stopping for a dump. As long as you don't impact others negatively.

I get 'looks' on the occasion I leave the house still brushing my teeth, esp when I spit mouthful into a drain on the street, but sometimes just have to innit.

I'm with the opening poster. I find so much people do in a public place disgusting. Eating, drinking alcohol, listening to loud music, talking loudly on a mobile device, as well as applying makeup. I'm even offended by groups who feel its acceptable to walk along talking oblivious to the world around them. And as for yummy mummy's walking down lordship lane with bugaboos yapping away to one another blocking the street for other pedestrians - dont get me started. It seems people have grown this selfish lack of etiquette when it comes to day to day life. The fact so many posters on here find it acceptable shows what has become of our society. Hey why not all just feel free to spit at one another while we are at it? Disgrace. Rant over.

Louisa.

I'm afraid I agree with OP, Get dressed and put your makeup on before you leave the house. I've seen full makeup being applied and I don't want to sit next to someone going through the full routine with powder brush ect Seems it concerns others too. http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130127050055AAoUe4J. Not the best choice of words for the title. Maybe annoying would of been better than gross but its both gross and annoying

Some people are just too damn selfish to consider how their actions may impact upon others. I'm not one to use public transport, but if I did I'd be very aware of the impact this may have on others. Blusher going everywhere, lipstick wonky and looking uneven. The person will only alight the vehicle looking like a pantomime drag artiste anyhow.

Louisa.

The person will only alight the vehicle looking like a pantomime drag artiste anyhow.

No, the extraordinary thing is that most frequently the make-up is expertly applied as if the applicator wasn't sitting in a jolting bus (tubes are far smoother, and offer less of a challenge). It's quite amazing to watch, simply as an exhibition of skill.

What is quite interesting is the way in which people construct an imaginary bubble around them when they commute, so that their actions no longer form part of a collective, but instead allow them to operate in isolation. Considering how much of a social anaimal we actually are, this ability to shut out other people is quite amazing. I am not sure whether it is peculiarly British (flowing from our 'reserve') or whether it is replicated in other cultures. Some other cultures (Japanese?) certainly seem much more aware of the impact being made on others around them.

Why some people presume this is a joke I don't know. How can anyone not find it offensive? It's deeply selfish and not needed in a public space. As far as I'm concerned it sits comfortably alongside dog poo, spitting and other forms of antisocial behaviour.

Louisa.

If someone, man or woman, was brushing their teeth on the bus or the train, I could sympathise. But holding a mirror six inches from your face while applying some last-minute war paint doesn't hinder anyone. It's about as 'disruptive' as someone reading a book opposite you.

Have to agree with the original poster however the thread title could've had a tad more thought! Really is no excuse ladies, its tardy and sloppy and reflects badly. What next, more intimate activity to get ready for the day?! And won't anyone think of the children?