-------------------------------------------------------

> Actually I can align to Louisa's angle to a small

> extent, not even 10 years ago I was at the end of

> my tether over smoking in public places - I'd be

> having a meal and a couple on the next table would

> light-up, ruining the evening out, for me and

> partner. I felt extremely hard done by, not being

> able to eat a basic meal without choking on the

> arsenic/lead/ammonia combo. Every pub, club, gig.

> It seemed obvious to me that this smoke was shit

> (and so did the science). But not only that, the

> clever bastards who could mix a couple of hundred

> chemicals to the ever-decreasing proportion of

> tobacco to reduce burn rate and protect the

> bronchial tract from the damage that inhaling

> smoke should do, could not even make it smell

> half-decent. Always stank like shit.

> I felt like the only sane person, constantly

> bothered by the stench.

> Then I lucked-out and the Govt decided those kinds

> of places had to be non-smoking zones.

> I still after several years cannot believe that it

> actually happened.

> The moral is don't give up, always maintain hope,

> you know what's best, hopefully one day the rest

> of society will one day catch-up with you.

In the context of this thread this is the most stupid, delusional post I've read - only a complete twat could compare the dangers of smoking to putting on a bit of lippy on a bus. well done KK.

DJKQ unfortunately I cannot supply you with information regarding complications related to deaths triggered by leather jackets and or moisturiser or any other product used on public transport or elsewhere. I could quite easily search google and band around some dubious figures most of which would be unverifiable. So I won't do that. But I can conclude from your pressing of me on this point that my basic argument remains a strong one and you are unable to tell me in what ways selfish and immoral acts are not dangerous to others in the public arena.

Dulwich 2020 I'm glad someone here sees the logic behind my argument, and is able to openly support it rather than just private message me.

KK do you see where I am coming from with my loose comparison between smoking and the obvious damage it was causing to people without science or the law helping to remove it from public places for many years and how this tenuously links in with my argument about eating/using mobiles and applying makeup? Just because we don't have the support of science or the law doesn't make it morally right to invade another persons space on a train/bus for our own selfish ends without even a thought being spared for potential allergy victims.

Louisa.

DJKQ you are missing the point entirely here. If you read back to my earlier posts, much of this isn't about demanding banning things - it's a question of morality pure and simple. It's about changing the way people think, feel, perceive. It would be better for people on a bus to just not do this stuff, make it as socially unacceptable as breaking wind or swearing loudly. It really is that simple. Then if and only if this fails to work, a law, enforceable or not should be brought in to at least deter people from committing these unsociable offences. Some councils send out wardens fining serial litter offenders, it's no different.

Louisa.

And you have utterly failed to demonstrate why the application of make up in a public place is an immoral act and/or a health and safety issue. Just because because YOU don't like it doesn't make it immoral or unsafe.

Only you could argue that your inability to provide hard evidence to back your comments makes your point a strong one?????? Not very bright are you?

And where are is the evidence to back up your argument? Oh, there isn't any. You see DJKQ, I'm not one to blow my own trumpet, but you make yourself appear a hypocrite. I don't even have to do the work, you're doing it all yourself.

Louisa.

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

> And you have utterly failed to demonstrate why the

> application of make up in a public pslace is an

> immoral act and/or a health and safety issue. Just

> because because YOU don't like it doesn't make it

> immoral or unsafe.

>

> Only you could argue that your inability toDK

> provide hard evidence to back your comments makes

> your point a strong one?????? Not very bright are

> you?

So DJKQ. You defend make up in a way that suggests you are a bit of a make up loving diva, whereas I'm guessing Louisa is not imprisoned by her facial mask.

I sometimes wear lipstick when I go out for the night but nothing else, never use foundation or blusher etc....so wrong on that one Mac !!!

Louisa you are tiresome......Why do I need evidence to show that most people with chemical allergies aren't affected by being within three metres of someone wearing makeup? Because there isn't any to say that they ARE. Are you really that stupid....really that incapable of any kind of logical reason? Do you even know what a scientific control is for example?

To be blunt you are not up to the level of intelligence needed to engage in the semantics you are trying with me....which is why you use the word 'hypocrite' so innapropriately. In fact.....why don't you elaborate on just what words I have written in this thread that point at hypocrasy.....

And I'm still waiting for you to tell me how many people have died whilst in proximity to someone wearing leather or applying makeup.....

DJKQ is now apparently so intelligent and expertly equipped on the topic of cosmetics that I'm bamboozled into a corner and don't have the relevant gloves to punch my way back into this contest (so to speak). Not to mention patronising, if somewhat tongue in cheek, your lame response to my last answer sums up your utter desperation at not being able to answer my original question suitably. Logical reasoning you call for? Well perhaps you had better take a long look in the mirror and wonder why you are up at 3.23 in the morning posting in the lounge about makeup? You clearly feel quite strongly about my views and would be enormously 'put out' if any such ill conceived banning order was put in place on public transport. It appears DJKQ has lost this argument, thrown in the towel, and is now digging at the base of the honey pot by asking me for totally bizarre facts regarding what is obviously and clearly a rude pastime which can anger lots of people, make lots of mess, and trigger allergic reactions in some. We all know this, we don't need proof do we?

Louisa.

I'm not convinced that Louisa actually believes what she is saying ;)

I am impressed by her pioneering approach to banning shoes on public transport for Elf and Safety reasons.

I am also impressed by her rather fine back garden aeroplane impression.

Maxxi - not delusional at all.

If you pay attention to all I've written on this thread you'll see the final point I made about moral was wholly inconsistent with my previous posts, this is because I was being tongue-in-cheek. Probably my fault for not qualifying the comment with "Note: Humour In Last Sentence".

DJKQ - I did try PM you this in response to your question on it last night but your inbox was full !

Am marvelling at the mental image of people commuting to work with little cotton or wool booties on now that leather, rubber etc. have been banned as they are responsible for untold deaths purely from their aroma.

Astonishing thread, astonishing`logic' :)

Vicanna Wrote:

> Some of the people commenting on this thread are

> so retarded it's not even funny.

Who do you mean? and please state your resons why

If we are going to talk about the potential dangers of leather, rubber and PVC to many in society - then what about high heels? Imagine the untold dangers arising from people wearing them and going to the upstairs deck of a bus.

Interesting to note for DJKQ, I have come across numerous websites all of which have good examples of how foods, cosmetics and certain materials can lead to health and safety issues in a public space. You only have to look on google to find untold numbers of websites with this information. Feel free to have a look. I'm not going to entertain and feed DJKQ with the information, because it will no doubt be used to once again trivialise what for me and many others remains a deeply serious issue.

Louisa.

KK the summary of this thread so far.

I say as a society we have become selfish. Eating, talking on phones, applying makeup, all social acts now considered normal on a bus/train public space. I say change social norms or ban said pastimes.

DJKQ, WM et al say that it isn't rude, it's about personal taste. Don't ban it, it can't be policed.

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

>

> I say as a society we have become selfish.

>

>

> Louisa.

Much correct and it is getting worse. Anyone without the tools to recognise this is part of the problem.

Women putting on make up, occasiobal blokes shaving with battery powered razors, peooke listening to music...

None of this is new, it was happening when I used to get the bus to school, and probably way before that.

Quality thread, Louisa back in a big way and DJKQ more involved than she has been in ages, it's like Ali Vs Tyson.