Recommendation wanted for removals company

pippady

Hi all,

We are moving from lordship lane to forest hill in a few weeks and are looking for recommendations of a good local company to move us. We have quite a lot of furniture and lots of it is old so I'd love to hear about any nice companies who are strong and careful, and not too pricy!

Many thanks,

Pippa

Hi Pippa,

We just used Bridges Removals last week and they were excellent. I was planning to hire a van and ask some friends to help until MissusF persuaded me otherwise. Lovely, polite, and very professional. Cost us ?200 for a one bed flat compared to the ?100 the self drive would have cost me, but Stephen and Dean did in an hour what would have taken me all day, leaving us free to clean, plan and worry about the legal stuff. So much easier. Never moving by myself again!

• 5 weeks later...
I found Steve's number today on the forum. It was for an embarrassingly small and lastminute job - from a time point of view rather than weight (carrying a 90kg exercise plate up three flights of stairs). Steve couldn't have been more polite or professional. I was so impressed. He and his colleague arrived within 3hrs of my phone call (at the end of a busy day) called 40mins before arrival, did the job efficiently and was very reasonable. I almost wish we were moving again so that we could give him more business! It's really lovely knowing that companies like this exist. A massive thumbs up for Bridge's Removal Company!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived