New restaurant

Hazleharman

• 1 month later...
Headed here when our usual place Nero was completely full. While the coffee and pastries were okay, the coffee was tiny and the pastries were nothing to write home about, we were more than a tad surprised to be presented with a bill for ?12.60 for two of us! On top of this they are taking rustic minimalism to the extreme, with hard chairs and terrible acoustics. We will definitely not be returning!

Haven't been in the day but several times in the evenings and we love it. "Hard chairs"? They are chairs - like the ones you get on most places so I don't really know why anyone would complain about them! Also the acoustics are just fine, another curious observation.

The service is also good, the wine fantastic. My only gripe is that with a limited menu they do seem to run out of some of the more appealing things too early in the evening.

Surprised about the comments re:coffee... I much prefer the coffee served in toasted, and frequently pop in to get a cup to take away. While the sizes are smaller than Nero the quality is in my opinion far far higher - and such nice bar staff as well!!!! It's about 1.90 for an americano and 2.20 for a flat white (but more if you're not taking away) so I don't see it as more expensive than nearby places. Can't comment on the pastries though!

Archived