"East Dulwich skyline has been creatively enhanced" ???

I would never live in a new build in a million years.... (hmm if that makes sense) they are completely souless and cold in my view... BUT I think DKH is great. What else would you like to see there on Denmark Hil exactly? There are many alternatives but none which you'd bother to have an opinion on.

Also love the new white build going on by the lights.

The disaster opposite Nunhead cemetery is only worthy of comment as it's conspicuous by it's lack of takers. Can't say I'm surprised as it's the human equivalent of a goldfish bowl.

The fool who built that deserves to be out of pocket .. the fool!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just to add to this: saw a 2 bed flat here the other day and I was shocked by the poor quality of the design, particularly, and the build.

It has a stupid balcony in one bedroom looking down into the living room, thereby rendering that bedroom more or less useless unelss people have exactly the same sleep patterns as their flatmates.

It has poor natural light in the kitchen with a wierd wire mesh, or should that be 'mess', storage solution in the kitchen area in front of the windows, which would block all light when full.

It is small and the available space only allows tiny, quarter sized fridges and freezers, as the sensible space for this is occupied by an entirely unecessary extra downstairs toilet.

Many of the views are of the sainsbury's carpark and the activity playground next door.

These flats are on at 1300 per month to rent or 350k to buy. I would hesitate to pay half that for these.

Anyway, sorry for the rant but that building is such a waste of space, time and money that it really riled me.

Cheers

Zaardvark

The first thing that struck me when I saw the size of the block on DKH was the fact that it would block out the natural light to the houses next to them and the view from their gardens. If you have a look on Google maps at DKH, you will see at least the first two houses are in the shadow of the block.

• 6 months later...
Christ, here goes. I wrote that. Took the pics too, for a living. I was not, I repeat NOT an estate agent. Anyway, apologies for the upsetting overuse of adjectives, but the thing is when you write property descriptions all day, five days a week, then you have to try and make it interesting. Self preservation and all that. There are always beige tiles. You can't put that every time. Caramel, mink, coffee - god hideous, but the bills need to be paid. I was also paid to try and make them sell. It would have been bad business sense not to! Have to say, I like modern architecture so I did really like those, bit small though. Whoever said the bit about architecturally designed, you're quite right. It should say architecturally elite maybe? Anyway, I'm going to crawl back under my stone before you all find me and throttle me with your crumpled Guardians...

The only thing in its favour is unlike most new buildings it is modern. But besides that it looks like a high security block. All it's short of is the razor wire and lookout towers. I thought this type of place went out with the 70s.

By the way, very few properties are architect designs. Most cookie-cutter rows from Victorian onwards are designed by the builders and made to be as cheap as possible for the maximum markup. You can tell an architect designed building as it stands out, whether or not you like the look of it. If it looks like a wall with windows no architect has done more than certify it won't collapse.

Ouch - they are asking ?678 pm rent - sold prices from nethouseprices.co.uk are

11 Apartment,?370,000 24-Jul-2007

9 Apartment,?360,000 12-Jul-2007

16 Apartment,?495,000 11-Jul-2007

8 Apartment,?365,000 29-Jun-2007

Looks like only 4 sold and the developers are taking a bath on the rental.

ibilly99 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ouch - they are asking ?678 pm rent

Three of them are advertised for rent on rightmove at the moment, one three-bed for ?1700pm the other two for 323pw = ?1300 ish pcm. Are you claiming that they are accepting about half that in rent Ibilly?

God, hello again. Thanks for the warm welcome Huguenot. I don't know how many of The DKH flats have sold so far, but they did bother to put in Philippe Starke baths and Dalsouple flooring instead of the usual MFI rubbish. I really don't like developers - all their places are the same, souless. The DKH flats are austere, but I guess it's a personal taste thing. Integrity and property developing, hmmm. Talking of integrity, I am surprised I could even type 'claret' at 11.30pm or whatever time it was Sat eve, and I MIGHT have had some recent dealings with Wooster; let's just say it wasn't my true vocation, just handy with the school run. Obviously a lady with a gracious nature should not reveal too much...

Sorry I missed you mrssmith, I was replying to something on an earlier page and didn't see you till I'd pressed enter. I've always been fascinated by property and half my photos have been houses I could only see again by taking as I'd never be able to afford one. I noticed none of the ads in the June links were still up and I managed to read a cached version, so that looks like either someone else is marketing them or the original agents have gone a bit cold on them as all the links had been broken.

Hello David, I have no idea if/who/what is going on with the flats as I left Wooster some time ago. By the way, thanks for the info re. architects' sign off - useful. That makes complete sense. I am no property expert (as you can probably tell), but an interested, slightly informed party. Ahem.