Swedish, Deep Tissue and Sports Massage - BTEC Level 5 Qualified Therapist

akoval

I'm sorry that I haven't replied to your message sooner (and apologies to anyone else who is waiting for a reply from me) - as well as doing massages, I am also working full time while I study so I'm very busy, and sometimes it takes a few days for me to catch up on messages on here. I have just sent you a PM.

Andy

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have had back and neck problems on and off for several years. It took a long time to figure out the cause and I was having various sleepless nights, shooting headaches and intermittent pain. I had already had physio and even some wisdom teeth out when Andy was recommended to me. He very quickly picked up on some postural issues. The first session provided some immediate relief. The difference was immediate and significant. Over the next few sessions, he focussed on undoing the years of damage I had been doing to myself. He's very good at working out stubborn problems, but is careful to adjust the firmness of his massage to individual circumstances (my girlfriend goes too). Now I have occasional top up sessions (I still spend long hours at work slumped over a desk), and home exercises that Andy recommended to keep me on the straight and narrow. I would recommend him wholeheartedly.

After years of too much working out and not enough stretching or resting, I have been suffering with tremendous lower back and leg pain.I was at the point where I could barely get comfortable to sleep let alone do anything else, hadn't been do any real exercise for 10 days and no sign of improvement. So I came on here to look for recommendations for sports massage. I was recommended to try Andy Koval and have not looked back!! He took the time to investigate what the problems were and after session one I could feel the difference. He has also shown me stretches I should be doing daily and advised on a more suitable work out schedule so I don't reach burnout again! I've just been for session two and he is working on further muscle tightness that I have been ignoring for years, so impressed that this is now going to be a regular thing for me to keep me healthy and fit! Andy is a lovely chap, puts you at ease instantly and very good at what he does. If you are looking for a good sports massage I really would not look any further!

Faye

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've been having problems with my hip and lower back and have just had an hour session with Andy. He took time to diagnose what my problem was and was great at making sure that enough but not too much pressure was applied. He's knowledgable and more than that has made a big difference after one hour. I feel more mobile and pain free. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
I know I've recommended Andy before in the past, but just had an excellent massage from him that has really helped with post running (half marathon training) muscle soreness. Had very sore hip/glutes, and the pain is now almost gone! Which feels pretty miraculous right now. Recommended especially for anyone who did the marathon at the weekend, can't imagine how achy you guys must be :)

• 1 month later...
Had a massage with Andy at the weekend - I've been under a lot of stress at work lately and have had very bad back, shoulder and neck pain. Andy used a lot of different techniques to release the tension in my muscles, and I now feel so much better. Can't believe how effective it was, I never expected him to be able to achieve this much in one session. I will definitely be going back.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I recently had a massage from Andy.Andy's technique is excellent, he identified particular areas of tension and relieved them. The massage was the perfect combination of actually being effective on sore points and also generally deeply relaxing. I would definitely recommend Andy!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Andy is currently providing me with treatment for a damaged rotator cuff. Damaged dog walking with energetic dogs. This really helps and provides significant relief. He also provides advice on exercises to be done at home and describes the anatomy of the area he is working on. The environment is calm and relaxing and Andys approach gives confidence. We also share a similar sense of humour which is an added bonus. Throughly recommend Andy. You won't be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Andy.

I initially saw him for shoulder problems and general massage following a stressful period at work.

Andy is currently addressing an old knee injury very effectively.

His manner is really good and professional. I have no hesitation in recommending him.

• 1 month later...

If you're having shoulder issues, get in touch - yesterday I attended a very interesting and helpful complete shoulder massage workshop, and now have an even better knowledge of how to help with a range of shoulder problems and injuries, including frozen shoulders, shoulder impingement, dislocations, etc.

Andy

• 4 weeks later...
I've been to see Andy twice recently (this weekend and the weekend before) with back and shoulder pains and he has worked miracles! I feel hugely better with much more flexibility and mobility in the problem areas and I would highly recommend Andy. He was very good at establishing what the issues were and working on them whilst not going over my (fairly low) pain threshold.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I would highly recommend Andy to anyone seeking sports or remedial massage. I have been recovering from a slipped disc in my lower back and have been very grateful for his services over the past few months. Andy is attentive, listening to circumstances and providing personalised care, taking into account special conditions and injuries. He is very professional and excellent value for money. Thanks, Andy!

• 8 months later...
Just to say I've been seeing Andy regularly for past few months and he is excellent. I have specific neck pain stemming from degenerative disc issues and his sessions are more helpful than with most physiotherapists I've seen. He is very professional and tailors his sessions to what you need. I would highly recommend him without reservation.