Not impressed with house of tippler

Deepti

Always wanted to go to house of tippler since I recently moved to the area but was disappointed with service when I finally went. My drink was VERY unhappily changed after a fly flew in it and it was suggested to me that it's fine to drink it after pulling the insect out - could not believe I was being told that, thought a place like this would have higher hygiene standards. Safe to say I won't be going back there. It's a shame as seemed like a decent place, but shocking attitude from staff.

Unless the fly was employed by the HOT, which would of course be ridiculous, then I think they were decent enough to exchange it.

Arrives with fly? HOT at fault.

Delivered and left with you, fly invades glass, which of course is what Brer Fly does, then a 'judgement call' as to whether the establishment is responsible or not.

Couldn't begin to calculate how many insects I've hoiked from a drink and carried on gargling, but I suspect my standards may be different to yours, Deepti, but I refuse to raise them.

Tell us truly how you broached the matter with the help.

Appears to me they did well in offering you an exchange, perhaps a little credit is due?

Agree with both HB and KK. Having walked up and down LL today, the place is covered in flying ants and flies. The fault of HOT that one of them decides to take a dip in your glass? Methinks not!

Very strange attitude......I am always amazed when people ask for refunds/replacements when it's clearly not the fault of the business. Reminds me of a thread within the last few days.

I often frequent House of Tipler and have found them to be cheerful and friendly with really great cocktails.

Seriously! You want them to replace a drink after a fly flew in it? Quite happy you won't be going back there so I won't have to bump into you Deepti.

Really didn't mean to offend HoT supporters! But honestly thought getting the drink changed wouldn't be a big deal. Ah, maybe I am a drama queen! Great to see so much support for the place tho, maybe I will try again (when it's not fly season!)