-------------------------------------------------------

> This is a bit odd no?

>

> http://home.bt.com/news/btlife/bt-sport-becomes-of

> ficial-partner-of-manchester-city-11363825447967

>

> A new football broadcaster officially partnering a

> single team?

Very. Sky will be available for free tomorrow... http://www1.skysports.com/watch/news/8851081/sky-sports-kick-off-biggest-premier-league-season-with-free-first-day?DCMP=open_access_toptab_asst

Parkdrive Wrote:

> Liverpool 2 v Stoke 0

> Arsenal 2 v Aston Villa 1

> Norwich 1 v Everton 2

> Sunderland 1 v Fulham 0

> West Brom 1 v Southampton 1

> West Ham 2 v Cardiff 0

> Swansea 1 v Man Utd 3

> Crystal Palace 1 v Tottenham 2

> Chelsea 3 v Hull City 0

> Man City 2 v Newcastle 0

PD, there's now a separate prediction thread, it also has details of how to join the online league which I've set up...

Yeah, how does that work? The BT pundits only say good things about MC? I wonder will the day come where clubs do their own TV deals to show matches here like they do in Spain. I hope not as La Liga is forever a two horse race. It's anyone's guess here between half a dozen clubs.

???? Wrote:

> With injuries already it's a nightmare start for

> Wegner's. some boos echoing round the empty

> library.

Yes predictable chants of spend some money and Wenger out.

Actually I was surprised at how full the stadium was - not empty at at all.

Table does not look pretty - down in relegation section!

Not making excuses - Villa were good - but look forward to seeing some of those refereeing decisions again tonight on MOTD!

Can't understand Swans not starting with Bony -- lots of posession and no edge just waiting to get mullahed by a ManU counter.

Impressively comfortable win at Boleyn (without Carroll too) - particularly in that the Taffs didn't get a single shot on target.

ETA: maybe gooners were confused by the new villa kit images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjwXDQ8nksGjL3BANHH49NH61Z0lUO7u0_Bh0BMV-omazCnoOa- expect headlines re Wenger being 'checkmated' etc.

I really don't understand what it is with Arsenal but suspect it's more how they "do" their business. Every year held to ransom by a key player, endless protracted speculation and inertia over key targets, anyone remember the nonsense over their signing of Arshavin?

You've got a manager with a degree in Economics and the club is run by a Banker, I think they just frustrate other clubs whilst trying to be a bit clever, forgetting that other organisations will stump up to get the deal done.

Excellent start for the Irons, Great to see Joe Cole delivering on the pitch and great to see his interview technique is as dire as ever.