Football Focus

Otta

As I said before Ots & Jah, I've no problem him wanting to leave for personal or footballing reasons a la Ronaldo, if that's the case he should just come out and say so. Instead we get him turning up at a golf course in Surrey near Chelsea's training ground...removing from his Twitter account that he's a Utd player...a one-off Facebook comment thanking Roy Hodgson for showing belief in him. That's all very big of you Wayne, poor thing, had his nose put out of joint by RVP. If he was such a 'streetfighter' he would've knuckled down and proved to everyone what a 'big man' he really is. Instead we've had 6 months of him sulking away like a spoilt brat. He's ruined what could've been a legendry status at the club, but you know what, I don't think he cares. Jah's right about the modern day footballer, they also have no concept of legacy. This is all his own making. The club won't sell him to a domestic rival without getting in a quality replacement, so the sooner he realises that the better. This time the club hold the aces. My guess is that the club will get one more year from him, knowing that he has no option but to play well as it's a World Cup year, and then sell him next summer once a suitable replacement is found...

seeing lots of bekilted chaps checking out the sights of the Sq Mile at lunchtime.

All of them rather grizzled old fellas who'd have enjoyed the old Home Internationals (no offence Jah).

Am wondering if the lack of youngsters is because that generation are losing interest or because they're all in terrible west end pubs getting smashed?

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Really? (the victory bit, we all know the hatrick

> bit is a joke)

Wouldn't surprise me tbh, scots raise their game etc - I'm quite looking forward to it but I don't really care who wins.

Strangely in the old days I used to support England in these fixtures, due to Kevin Keegan hero worship etc. Remember being rather disappointed when Gordon McQueen scored that goal at Wembley.

Nowadays i'm neutral. Would like to see James Forrest have a good game.

Anyone interested in a 50 quid (no pound sign on my keyboard!) fantasy football league?

I've ran one for the past 5 years or so and we usually have a bout 2k in the pot for prizes.

I do prizes for League 1-5

Cup winner

Cup runner up

Highest scoring game week

Manager of the month (maybe 1, 2, 3 this year).

Drop me a PM if interested.

We use the Fantasy Premier League website so no cost to enter.

As posted in the old thread, but just in case some of you missed it,

the EDF Premier League is up & running again, for those who just want to play for fun

2 1/2 days to go

Here's the old post............

EDF Premier League

I have once again re-activated the fantasy footy league

We had quite a few teams last year so why not try your luck again.

If you use the same email as last year to register you should automatically join the league, (we've already got 13 of us in)

but if not go to...

http://fantasy.premierleague.com

create a team & join,

Code to join this league: 8848-3446

The more the merrier

Celtic are potentially selling Fraser Forster to Benfica, FFS do we want to sell all our best players. Never underate the importance of a good goalkepper and he was immense in the cahmpions league last year - we will never get anyone as good as him.

I wonder what the apprentice winner Leah Totten thinks of a long distance relationship - maybe she can do us all a favour and stop the move. I'm all for WAG power now.

Liverpool have missed out on their 2 biggest summer targets after Costa has signed a new deal at Athletico. Shame, but I think we have some decent players in. Think this is a big season for Rogers, he needs to have Liverpool genuinely challenging for 4th up to the end of the season. I'm still not totally decided on him. He acts the right way for a lot of die hards, i.e. he's a moody and slightly aggressive knob at times.

Otta Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

He acts the right way for a lot of die hards, i.e. he's a moody and slightly aggressive knob at times.

:)

Coutinho looks a good player. The problem Liverpool have is holding on to their better players i.e. no Champions League...