Smell from Honor Oak Mansions

Call me crazy, but has anyone else noticed a strong smell of dog poop coming from Honor Oak Mansions on Underhill Rd?

I'm sure the lovely residents are not contributing to E.D's unfortunate image of dog sh*t capital of London, so wondered if it was a plant. It smells so bad I have to cross the street.

(Slow news day)..

I walk past it to the bus stop on Dunstans Road and it isn't just outside there so I think it must be the flowers. I have to avoid 3 different points of the road to avoid the smell between there and the bust stop! I smelt a similar whif in Canada Water before and thought there must be a fox problem but now think it is the plants

If there are shrubs in the garden, it's likely to be caterpillars. There are various caterpillars which give off an offensive odour as a defence mechanism. There is a laurel-type shrub in Dunstans Road which is infested and they stink!

Not in dulwich but we have a "dog turd tree" in our front garden, it's a dark-green leaf shrub that got out of control ( previous owner lived there. 50 years), really smells, especially after rain. We want to cut it down but our (generally very nice and reasonable) neighbour doesn't want us to (it obscures a view she doesn't like).

Don't know of any gingkos nearby.

I think the rows of wheelies by the Mansions could do with disinfectant or maybe a visit from the bin cleaning firm. It's easy for houses in multiple occupation to have no clear agreement about this, and the waste systems get neglected.

Every street seems to have a few 'problem wheelies' . Recent heatwave = smells suddenly worsening, attracting flies and wasps and eventually rats.

Could Council dustmen stick a hygiene request on the offending bins?

It's a pretty weird set up at HOM - I wouldn't want to live there. You'd have to get on very well indeed with all your neighbours - maybe a little too well. Is it some kind of commune or cult perhaps? It just gives me an uneasy feeling. I sometimes cross the road to avoid walking past it.

It's just a mansion block with a communal garden - what's weird about that?

Fl0wer i don't think it is an HMO - just a block of flats - it is fairly normal for blocks of flats to share bins. Often the management company or freeholder will deal with bin cleaning. I lived in a medium sized private block in camberwell and we had those massive industrial bins and the freeholder used to organised haivng the bins cleaned every six months or so.

i am thinkign now we probably need to clean the bins we share in our little four flat block :(

Okay, I used to live at HOM and can corfirm 1. The residents are not having sex with each other, 2. It is just a block of flats 3. The bins get the same amount of attention as everyone else gives their bins, 4. Nobody to my knowledge owns a dog, 5. Walking by the other day it smelled the same as the rest of East Dulwich to me. 6.... Wow, how much time do you people have on your hands? That is, when you're not staring over people's fences and fantasizing about their lives? Perhaps you could also run up a scattergraph of dog poo hotspots in the area and arrange a presentation, just so we have all the data we need. Oh and 7. Yes the pool is amazing, suckers.