Post Office delivery problems again?

Just phoned the manager to let him know about the misdeliveries. He seemed to agree they were bad ones. I asked if it was a temp but he said no, it's still the regular roundsman. Anyway, I've done my bit by giving feedback about what I trust will probably have been a blip. Sorted.

I've given up having any parcels delivered to my home address on Lordship Lane - it all goes to work now. Alas this doesn't solve the problem of receiving mail for my neighbours on both sides and even for addresses up to 50 doors down on a regular basis...

• 4 months later...

Help! Two packages were sent to me by Amazon early last week but nobody was in when they came. I picked up one on Saturday with my 'while you were out...' card. At the time I didn't realise that one of my items was sent in a second package. I urgently need to check whether it is there. If not I'm in trouble for Christmas. Does anyone know:

1) what times the Silvester Road office is open for the next coupel of days, or

2) What the phone number is? (No answer on the one above. Although, that's not to say it isnn't the right number...)

Many thanks in advance.

Amazingly I came home from work today and found a blue "while you were out" card, even better the opening times of the sorting office have changed for Christmas...open at 6.30am and closing at 17.30 (Ithink, might even be later). So went along and collected my package, the postie said the new hours were in response to complaints last year!

Hope this helps

LL

The post office are bloody useless and run by crooks who seem to find it perfectly normal for customers parcels to be stolen. I'm sorry but sending money through the post is a stupid thing to do as I've found at my own cost. No wonder the subjects of improvement in Joskos adverts are posties. Don't use Initial City link either as they're useless. SUE ME!!!!

Thanks for all your help and apologies for my earlier typos; teach me to type in a hurry.

I went down there first thing this morning but the package wasn't there anyway. Amazon insist it was sent early last week but I suppose it's too late now anyway. Will have to try to find a replacement between now and tomorrow, I suppose.

• 7 months later...

Hi

I am also having problems, in the last 3 weeks I have had two birthday cards go missing, 1 including a gift card and an ebay purchase. Has anyone had any joy complaining to Royal Mail? I've tried the number on here but it just keeps ringing, does anyone know their opening hours or if this is the wrong number?

Thanks so much

Adelle

I had a parcel (rare 12" vinyl) go missing about 2 months ago after the 'Sorry, you were out' card was put through the door (I was in at the time, of course.)

At first the van driver told me he had left it with my electrician who he'd seen outside my flat and that it was he who must have stolen it, then both the van driver and the office manager tried to blame it on 2 of my neighbours, saying that they had left it in the care of 2 different addresses and that it must have been stolen by one of them.

I submitted a claim/complaint and then a week later the van driver knocked on my door clutching the missing record.

Apparently they had been cleaning / rearranging the depot shelving and found the missing parcel down the back of one of the shelves.

There's a couple of good staff at that office but the driver and manager are both pretty arrogant and bloody useless, as well as being terrible liars when trying to cover their own backs.

The managers name is Lee Cooper - I think I've got his number lying around somewhere so will try and dig it out but he rarely picks up his phone and his staff will admit that he screens his calls to avoid complaints from customers.

ianr Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks Ladygooner, but I don't want to go the

> Customer Services route and fit into their

> 'complaint' template and get an apology, and be

> assured etc ..., and possibly not much else done.

Oh, they'll probably send you 6 2nd class stamps, to calm you down. That's my experience anyway.

We've had yet another new postman in recent weeks.

First time I saw him (from the window) he had yomped across my lawn and was trying to clomp his way through the sloping rockery.

The next time, he threw three letters down on the steps outside the front door (rather than putting them through the letter box right in front of him.

Where do they find these people?