The Patch

Jim1234

I really do wish them well, but they're not off to a great start with the over runs / false starts. Now they've kind of half openish... It's not ideal. I really hope they get it under control and make a success of it. I'll definitely be visiting for food when they open the kitchen. I like the decor btw.

I?m pretty sure most people are pro-enterprise and WANT the Patch to do well

But that doesn?t give any business a free pass ? if they have been promising one thing (independently owned) and are delivering another (tied pub) then people are well within their rights to be dubious

Their website is a state as well

I went in on Saturday because there was a mahoosive blackboard outside saying ?we are open!!!!?

When I went in confusion reigned and was told that sign wasn?t meant to be out there. How many people are loose on the premises that such a big board can be outside without manager knowing?

All of this adds up to? not very much tbh. That doesn?t make me anti-enterprise or wish them badly (I was quick enough to be in there and keen to spend my money).

The whole launch seems to have been a little shambolic, but some people have constantly been on their case, criticising at every corner. It's a bit much. Wait until it's open and judge for yourself. Or if it's out of your budget then so be it (may sound harsh but there are surely hundreds of restaurants in London which charge these prices).

"soft opening"

I think this usually means 'we're not finished or ready but we're desperate to get something - anything - ringing through the tills pronto'.

You can understand such pressure and the short-term logic but first impressions really do count. All you're ever going to get for your trouble is predictable moaning from the moaners, silence from the rest - and general confusion amongst all.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The whole launch seems to have been a little

> shambolic, but some people have constantly been on

> their case, criticising at every corner. It's a

> bit much. Wait until it's open and judge for

> yourself. Or if it's out of your budget then so be

it (may sound harsh but there are surely hundreds

> of restaurants in London which charge these

> prices).

Quite right. Restaurant Gordon Ramsey to name but just one.. ?41.00

only difference it is in Chelsea with for higher rents.

..and...

Restaurant+Gordon+Ramsay

This photo of Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is courtesy of TripAdvisor

..do I need to explain

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

> This photo of Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is courtesy

> of TripAdvisor

>

> ..do I need to explain

>

> DulwichFox

... Gordon Ramsey uses square plates?

(as an aside, SJ, having drinkies in November, were we? ;-)

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Quite right. Restaurant Gordon Ramsey to name but just one.. ?41.00

Incorrect. Three course dinner - ?95. Set lunch - ?55. Cheapest wine probably > ?30. Let's stop being silly.

Jeremy Wrote:

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Quite right. Restaurant Gordon Ramsey to name

> but just one.. ?41.00

>

> Incorrect. Three course dinner - ?95. Set lunch -

> ?55. Cheapest wine probably > ?30. Let's stop

> being silly.

Price range: ?24 - ?97

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186338-d719242-Reviews-Restaurant_Gordon_Ramsay-London_England.html

Average ?? ?41.00

The Patch. Have a starter / main / sides / Dessert . ? Work it out.

DulwichFox Just Quoting Facts

But it is not a fact. You cannot eat there for ?41. Not even close. Even if you have the set lunch with nothing to drink.

You didn't even try to verify your information, and used it to undermine a local business. Which hasn't even opened yet. I know you have this grumpy forum persona, etc... but that's really bad form.

Well said Foxy. Like you, I always get my facts from Tripadvisor.

It's like 'the home of facts'.

Tell you what Foxy - if we have a whip-round and can get ?41 together, we'll send you into GR and see how far it gets you. Whilst we watch through the window, laughing. I pledge a quid.

DulwichFox - AlwaysTalkingIrrelevantBollocks

That's very kind of you *Bob*

But I have sufficient funds to eat in any establishment that I may choose to do so.

A curry in most L.L outlets or the occasional Kebab suits my needs.

I am a very modest person with simple requirements.

I thought you had to be 13 to post here.

Last time I was 'Bullied' ? by a group of people relying on others to back them up

was when I was a Primary School.

DulwichFox

Well I have to admit Foxy was wrong..

It's ?45.00 for a 3 course set lunch at Restaurant Gordon Ramsey.. Not ?41.00

+ a further ?1900.00 if I wanted to treat myself to Bollinger Rd Recemment Degorge, Brut En jeroboam) 1988

Set Lunch

Salt Cod Brandade ?Tartine,? Noir De Bigorre Ham, Piquillo Peppers, Olives, Confit Tomatoes and Quail's Egg

Smoked Potato and Poached Hen's Egg Ravioli with Pak Choi, Roast Chicken Jus and Leek Veloute

Salad of Szechuan Pork, Tiger Prawn, Chargrilled, Pickled and Marinated Vegetables, Asian Herbs, Daikon Dressing

Fillet of Cornish Pollock with Chorizo Couscous, Baby Squid, Artichoke and Spiced Tomato Jus

Roasted Rabbit Loin with Bayonne Ham, Spinach, Marjoram, Basil, Coco Bean Cassoulet and Pickled Mustard Seed

Spiced Free Range Devon Duck with Swiss Chard, Beetroot and Grilled Onions

Banana Parfait, Peanut Butter Mousse and Bitter Chocolate Sandwich with Caramelised Bananas

Roasted Pineapple with Coriander Financiers, Coconut Sorbet and Vanilla Cream

Selection of Cheeses From the Trolley

Three courses - 45.00

https://foursquare.com/v/restaurant-gordon-ramsay/4ac518d6f964a5201da820e3/menu

DF.

*Bob* Wrote:

> And a 3 course set lunch at the patch is..??

Parsnip soup, apple salsa ?7.50

Lamb rump, glazed artichokes, onion squash, braised mutton and kidney faggot ?19.25

Seasonal vegetables from the garden ?3.50

Winter berry cheesecake ?4.25

Coffee from the bar with treats from the pastry chef ?5.25

?39.75

Close to ?45.00

But without the ambience..

DulwichFox.

*Bob*

I know exactly what I am talking about...

I eat out in restaurant 3-4 times a week and have done for the last 40 years or so.

These days I just have to be careful what I eat.

I happen to be a fairly good Cook and have entertained people in the past who have enjoyed by own creations.

I could certainly give many of the gastronomic outlets in ED a run for their money.

You should come along to one of the Curry Club Nights where you can share your own expertise with everyone. :)

Foxy.