The Patch

Jim1234

It strikes me as a little pricey. The Lansdowne pub in Primrose Hill (where most people are loaded) does starters from ?5-?8 and mains from ?10-?18, they also do a kid's pasta for ?5. The food is always great and it's busy. I think this is a good price bracket to aim at to get repeat business.

aquarius moon Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There appears to be a 'fox' hunt going on here at

> the moment.

>

> Too many people reading a few different threads &

> electing to join the pack of baying hounds.

>

> I detest hunting in any shape or form, including

> on the EDF.

>

>

> Just saying.

So repeatedly correcting someone is 'hunting', is it? Makes you wonder what a forum is for...

I see there's nothing on the menu for us crazy vegetarians who might want to splash out on a special meal. Nothing unusual about that, River Cafe have been doing it for decades now and many other top-end restaurants do the same.

Ironic really, given that this place is going to have it's own vegetable garden?

Enjoy your meals!

Right.. Critics..

There are many negative posts in this thread about the Patch

Where in this thread Have I bad mouthed the Patch...

Here are my posts.

--------------------------------------------------------------

MrBen Wrote:

> Sorry...sounding rather like THE FOX in that

> grumbling last line above. Good luck to them etc

> etc

WTF are you on about... do not judge me on my comments on other subjects not related to this thread.

I think I may of commented about The Patch in another thread when they stated they would be open at

the end of August and I said it would be unlikely.

Once again 'THE FOX' as you put was proved right..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by DulwichFox November 03, 02:16PM

Went past for a nose last night at 20.30 ish. About 7-8 people in....

Went past about today 13.00 ish 3 people in.

So seems to be catching on..

Foxy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by DulwichFox Yesterday, 09:49AM

The interior seems bright, bland and clinical.

..and is as inviting as your typical Dental Surgery.

DulwichFox

-----------------------------

That is all I said.

All the rest was to do with unrelated subject of the price of a 3 course meal elsewhere.

So there were many negative comments not met with such abuse.

So those that wish to conduct a Fox Hunt, why not start a new thread.

Then perhaps you can all meet up for a good chat where everyone will be in agreement about stupid Foxy.

You go on about people criticizing a place before it has even fully opened, yet give out abuse to

someone you have never met.

DF.

Foxy

When some people say the Patch is attracting a lot of negative comment before opening, you shouldn't take that to be all about you. Several people have posted negative comments and the "critics" are referring to that, rather than your spat with *bob*

the price of a 3 course meal is not "unrelated" but goes to the heart of your argument about the Patch being overpriced - all *bob* tried to do was point out how you were comparing apples and oranges and you wouldn't even allow him the fact that he had a point.

So I don't see a fox hunt or bullying anywhere. I do see namecalling and pig-headedness but that's par for the course

Chips56 Wrote:

> Lordship lane seems to be meat eaters paradise .

> They clearly aren't interested in non meat eaters money!

Do they not have veggie options, or do you want whole restaurants just catering to the veggies? Or, why put off 90% of potential clientele?

I agree with Chips. And to be honest, one veggie option out of five is a bit rubbish. Meat eaters can eat veggie but we can't eat meat! Given the fact the Patch is supposed to be about sustainability, more veggie options would be a good place to start. But they are probably unwiling to upset the deluded meat-eating majority. A wasted opportunity.

I apologise for using the word deluded. I guess some of us veggies get a bit defensive sometimes when we are openly slagged off and marginalised so often.

To Jeremy:

What if you went to a restaurant and four out of five dishes contained different types of squash. You might say "What if I don't want to eat squash?" To which I might reply "You anti-squash extremist, just because you have chosen to be one of the squash-hating minority, why should you insist on being offered a whole range of squash-free dishes?"

Never mind the cruelty (which I do mind), meat is a vastly more wasteful and inefficient way of feeding people. Red meat is also incredibly unhealthy and has been linked to a whole range of health problems. On average vegetarians live longer, healthier lives. These are the facts deluded meat-eaters don't want to face.

Sounds like the correct response to the situation there James ;)

BUt you're right, given the pretensions of the business, it would be more in keeping for them to offer a more 'sustainable' menu.

I guess they might argue it comes from local farms or somesuch missing the point that local artisan produce is an entirely unsustaiable approach to population/climate change pressures.

Mind you, they can't even decide what day they're opening....

James Wrote:

> Meat eaters can eat veggie but we can't eat meat!

Correction - you could eat meat, but have chosen not to (unless you are one of a few medical and/or religious cases in this country).