ADT door to door

I've had a go on twitter and sent them this thread, was told they were sorry to hear that and that I should contact their customer services. I might do that at some point but think public shaming might be more effective, of course they'd rather I sent private emails of complaint. However, I've not had the worst of the experience from them, those who've had the full scaremongering visit might want to think about complaining. They may not know what their staff are up to, but I don't think cold calling should be a part of their practice even if they're nice about it.

But I think this is part of a wider problem though, and would fully support any efforts to get this (and THE WORLD) made a No Cold Calling Zone.

answered door to friend and adt right front ym face wouldnt let friend past asked if im going out said no let my friend passed and shut door were walking our street 2 days in row some in suits some high visiblity jackets all with clipboard and adt on jackets.

general rule police say never buy at door could be fasle could be at harm or scam,if want adt go to thier website and book a visit.

That way get named person you would expect to home.

The idea of id is you get number off it ring it to check if ligit .

I tell cold callers I do all my research of companies, comparing them and choosing deals on the internet and if they are not there then they should be. Why on earth would I want to buy something without having initiated research or indeed actually formulated the idea in my head that I want this service. If I wanted this service I would have looked for it. Today I got a cold phone call about 'compensation'. Besides being on the telephone preference service I told her I didn't believe in the compensation society. You know it didn't shut her up.

According to someone on the SE23 forum they phone ADT and checked, and they do send cold callers. I still wouldn't let them in tho - there is something fundamentally wrong about buying a security device from a cold caller...?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

southeastcleaning Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> If you want peace of mind, get rid of your alarm,

> no-one will bother you.

> Keep it and thieves will wonder what's inside

Statistically you are more likely to get targeted if you don't have an alarm. Burglars don't want to get caught so if they think an alarm might go off they will usually think twice about breaking in. Having an alarm is a visual deterrent. Also if they are still stupid enough to break into a house and an alarm goes off they will not usually want to stick around in case it's monitored.

Also people should think twice before getting an installation with ADT. They do a cheap installation but then it's a 3 year fixed contract with monthly payments and as far as I'm aware you don't actually own the equipment...