How to dispose of estate agents sign?

I moved house in June 2013, next door to a house with many flats. There were 5 aging To Let & Let signs lying in the front garden. I phoned the estate agents, and they contacted the sign companies they used. It took a week or so, but they went. The threat of the trading standards option sounds useful...

Gumption seems to be lacking in this case.

OP ignored the many serious responses (erm, call them... and so on) and went victim-y on the slight ribbing. Bet the sign is still there and no calls have been made though.

Can we see a picture of this non-standard, elephantine sign, with scaling? It sounds gargantuan compared to the 1000s of others that we are all au fait with and have tackled.

How on Earth would we win the war today etc...

ellieaness - sorry that you feel wronged, but I'm sure you can understand why some people thought it was an odd question.

Perhaps you can ask if anyone can lend you a saw (or even help you cut it up?) Maybe let us know what road you're on, and the chances are that a local saw owner will be reading. Then you can just chuck the pieces in the bin.

If you live in a flat it can become a real issue as you suddenly end up with a pile discarded as neighbours sell and new owners don't take responsibility for them... also the nailing of sign posts to walls is a pain, I can't recollect how many times I have had to ask estate agents not to nail them in ...one property I lived in had part of a wall collapse after being weakened by numerous signs being nailed in over the years weakening the brickwork. I Found the best way was to contact agents to ask them to remove after properties are sold, if it hasn't happened, the usual threat to dump it outside or in their shop does the trick in most cases.

The estate agents are legally obliged to remove it and repair any damage (as happened to my property). The estate agents ignored me but a letter to the CEO of the holding company did the trick. I don't see why you should have to borrow tools and find a skip!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• FredMarsh Started conversation: 6 minutes ago I must agree ! Shopping in Sainsburys Dog Kennel Hill has become very unpleasant ! The erection of coral fencing  to herd us all in one direction so that we can be observed by security prior to getting into the "shop" is quite horrible. The fresh meat counter has gone . The fresh fish counter has gone. The fresh cheese counter has gone. Most of the staff have gone ! Just a couple of attended checkouts left,  sometimes just the one with people waiting quietly inline But most people are herded into the payment coral and wait just as long to do a redundant cashiers job. unload your own shopping, place your bag in the right position so that it can be weighed and the quietly pick each item you are about to purchase , look for the barcode and pass the item across the scanner. Then put item in shopping bag.  What could be easier or more efficient ? If something goes wrong or you are trying purchase alcohol, just look round nervously, not wanting to make a fuss. If nothing happens start waving to the overworked member of staff in a sainsburys uniform  running up and down looking after a few dozen self service checkouts Don't forget to take your receipt (piece of paper that will be screwed up and discarded discreetly  shortly afterwards )  It's essential to present your receipt in order to escape the coral. There's nothing pleasant about Sainsburys any more. ! Why do I go there? Because I can get the whole thing over with and not get a parking ticket !! And NO !   I'm 77 completely knackered and am not going to get a bike   
    • Week 33 points...   Week 33 table...  
    • We do not go there anymore, it used to be a pleasant experience, but now shoppers are made to feel like criminals and the prices are not great. The till receipt gates to stop us nicking stuff do not work half the time - I would rather shop somewhere that makes me feel welcome. We also want to support our local independents, so we are trying to eat cheaper using less costly ingredients and buy local - it's a good way for us also to lose some weight! Veg and pulses.....and less booze 😞
    • Has seemed really empty over the past few weeks, with hardly anyone in the store on Thursday lunchtime, have I missed something or are people shopping somewhere else?
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In