Rats in Dulwich park

BVale

One our cats decided to bring one that seemed young but nearly cult size into to our flat and dropped it unharmed in our bedroom, cue 4 hrs of chasing it around..it decided to wedge itself between the radiator and wall ...managed to get it out by poking it with a stick and chucking a towel over it, god the buggers can screech ! quite an un nerving evening

• 3 months later...

have rat traps down dulwich park and peckham rye not expericned this myself thankfully or else would do run like clappers.

agree on the cat brings rat exericse but in our case was a mouse he let go in bedrom of all places.gave me excuse to do spring cleanm workout.

spouse spent 1 hour trying catch it ,shame it died of fright.....not surpising with big black cat stalking it for 3 hours.

bruied rip mouse cat no dont want another thanks

The most hilarious 'rat story' was many years ago at our Tenants and Residents Association, a member mentioned that she had been invaded by rats coming from a neighbouring house ( it was either empty or in poor condition I cannot remember). The council officer who was the guest speaker, asked if she knew who the property belonged to. The lady was not sure but asked what difference it made. well if these were 'council rats' it was Southwark Council's responsibility to organise and pay for their extermination, but if they were 'private rats' it would be the house owner or private tenant's responsibility to organise and pay for the pest control officer.

I must say that we found this so amusing that whenever people talk to us about pests, we keep a straight face and ask their residency or tenure status. The above meeting took place 10 - 15 years ago, the council officer had no sense of humour and could not understand why the room was doubled over with laughter.

ljohnson Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> hi,I saw them too, absolutely disgusting

xxxxx

Why do you find them disgusting?

Rats are very intelligent animals and it's not like these ones are living in your home!

Rats, squirrels, foxes - in the suburbs, aren't they all classed as vermin or pests?

Let them live in their sanctuary of Dulwich park, running free in the shrubbery, bathing by the boating lake and eating the fine breadcrumbs of dulwich housewives home-baked bread that was starting to turn...

Good on them, even rats like the fine things in life - have you seen the film Ratatouille?

I've seen quite a few around that little Park on Dog Kennel Hill - i think they all round out of Sainsburys for food and play in the park. They are huge ones!especially around the back of the store and near the recycling bins at night.

Its no wonder even the cats don't even attempt to go near them!

I dont like animals. Last year I nearly had a nervous break because of mouse and rats in my block. (LandQ) my opinion is to write to all the MP to disinfectant all of london before a disease arrives because london is starting to become very dirty.

pinecone Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sue, why do all your posts begin with a row of

> x's?

xxxxxxxx

It's to help distinguish what I've written from the post I'm quoting.

I only do it if I'm quoting someone else.

I sometimes find it hard to disentangle posts and work out who was/is saying what, so I think maybe other people might find it hard as well.

I'm probably completely wrong :)