Devonshire road blocked

gog

There was water bubbling up in the middle of the road just past Francesca Cabrini this morning and coming back tonight there was a road closed sign outside Honor Oak Station and I think the diversion sent people up Devonshire Road but I turned round and went via the South Circular from Brockley since it was backed up.

Updated 14 minutes ago

Traffic Incidents

Devonshire Road Honor Oak Park, both ways at B238 Honor Oak Park

London - Burst water main and flooding on Devonshire Road in both directions in Honor Oak Park at the B238 Honor Oak Park junction.http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/london/roads/unplanned

Just for information for anyone planning to drive over Honor Oak Park over the next few days, the notice at the top of the hill had been amended this morning to say that the works will be continuing 'until further notice'.

The road was still closed to traffic from the top of the hill down to Devonshire Road (which was again stationary as some vehicles tried to turn left into Devonshire Road, blocking those trying to turn out and causing gridlock).

Road is still closed, but didn't seem as much of a mess around 10am this morning as I walked to station. Thankfully the buses are going via Stanstead Road (TFL shows P12 going up via FH station, up London Road and turning right down Honor Oak Road).

Isn't this the kind of job where they should have overnight crews working? Or does that not exist?

I have said it many times on here about all the road dig ups of one sort or another in our area over the years

I travel this route going out about 7.20 + coming back at 5.30 up over one hill and right down forest hill rd- right through to the one way system at the nags head and the one thing they have all got in common is at the times i pass all

the works is no one is never there working. I thought when these particular roads were a bus route, which all these ones have been, they would work day/night +w/ends to get it open asap? youve got to feel sorry for the people living in and around Devonshire Rd, Lets hope the the contractors get there finger out?

• 2 weeks later...
Long shot but did anyone see my car (bright red saloon) being hit when parked on Devonshire road near Boveney junction between Thursday 5.30pm and Friday morning? 3 panels and a wing mirror damaged so they would have known they did it. No note left. Any info would be lovely!

I don't suppose anyone knows how long Honor Oak Park is going to be closed for do they? The school run is taking twice as long as the surrounding roads are just a nightmare with all the diverted traffic. There are no signs to say an expected completion date.

It's hellish, now spending 2 hours a day travelling to and from nursery in Dulwich. Have tried so many routes but all lead into the same few roads which are rammed!! Anyone got a secret way? Have even tried going via nunhead but takes ages too.

jennyh Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's hellish, now spending 2 hours a day

> travelling to and from nursery in Dulwich. Have

> tried so many routes but all lead into the same

> few roads which are rammed!! Anyone got a secret

> way? Have even tried going via nunhead but takes

> ages too.

Bicycle?

david_carnell Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> jennyh Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > It's hellish, now spending 2 hours a day

> > travelling to and from nursery in Dulwich. Have

> > tried so many routes but all lead into the same

> > few roads which are rammed!! Anyone got a

> secret

> > way? Have even tried going via nunhead but

> takes

> > ages too.

>

> Bicycle?

My husband actually does ride with her sometimes which is great but we have a newborn as well so sadly I can't take them both on a bike. Journey this morning was brilliant, however I went back around 10.30 and noticed the road was closed again but I didn't see a sign, anyone know if its closed still or the reason why?