> chattyman Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Soon to be lost - GOOD!

>

>

> Transported to Lordship Lane. More indi shops to

> keep the locals happy

Have you noticed when such a thing is mentioned the silence is deafing?

Cannot see anyone promoting this. Each in its place.

Head up ar .... springs to mind

"People eating smelly food, babies and prams..." ??

No wonder you're hacked off!

Or, did you mean mums with prams making, "a song and dance getting on and off"? I hear ya!

And the time it takes those irritating people in wheelchairs to get on and off; making the bus wait, and go up and down and make an annoying beeping sound...really makes for an unpleasant day in the world of jolly smiley meejah, doesn't it?

tallulah71 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "People eating smelly food, babies and prams..."

> ??

>

> No wonder you're hacked off!

>

> Or, did you mean mums with prams making, "a song

> and dance getting on and off"? I hear ya!

>

> And the time it takes those irritating people in

> wheelchairs to get on and off; making the bus

> wait, and go up and down and make an annoying

> beeping sound...really makes for an unpleasant day

> in the world of jolly smiley meejah, doesn't it?

I have to admit I have seen few people in wheelchairs getting on and off. Most accept this when it happens. What is annoying is kids aged 3 4 5 sitting in prams who cannot walk so the pram can be collapsed to get on and off.

Perhaps these mums should asked how their parents managed.

Stepford springs to mind.

Maybe chatty man is living in the wrong area. For me, as quite a privileged person financially, using public transport allows me to empathise with my fellow workers. Commuting is horrible, but I am lucky to live in a nice house and earn a decent wage. The people who have kids in prams, who have to eat food on the bus probably don't have my advantages. Real life for a lot of people who get off the train at P Rye is a real struggle. I prefer to appreciate what I have and feel very sorry for those who work extremely hard to bring up their kids with little chance that they will have the social mobility that my generation had. If chatty man doesn't like footballs and scooters he could either, a) get involved with organising after schools activities for these kids or b) move to canary wharf where there are no kids (start up some kind of media type company there, lots of opportunity I would think).

treehugger Wrote:

> Maybe chatty man is living in the wrong area. For

> me, as quite a privileged person financially,

> using public transport allows me to empathise with

> my fellow workers. Commuting is horrible, but I am

> lucky to live in a nice house and earn a decent

> wage. The people who have kids in prams, who have

> to eat food on the bus probably don't have my

> advantages. Real life for a lot of people who get

> off the train at P Rye is a real struggle. I

> prefer to appreciate what I have and feel very

> sorry for those who work extremely hard to bring

> up their kids with little chance that they will

> have the social mobility that my generation had.

> If chatty man doesn't like footballs and scooters

> he could either, a) get involved with organising

> after schools activities for these kids or b) move

> to canary wharf where there are no kids (start up

> some kind of media type company there, lots of

> opportunity I would think).

Top post !

harperama Wrote:

> Poor little kids - they are just playing and

> pretty happily I might add! I doubt they have

> grown up with massive back gardens unlike all

> these Home Counties blow ins!

Second this. They're just playing out and they're just kids! And yes, I navigate them on the 2-3 days a week I travel into work. Don't begrudge them playing. What should they do instead round there? Perhaps they should play nicely on the surrounding streets nearer the road - that would be sensible.

Tumbleweed hairballs on the other hand - definitely littering.

treehugger Wrote:

> Maybe chatty man is living in the wrong area. For

> me, as quite a privileged person financially,

> using public transport allows me to empathise with

> my fellow workers. Commuting is horrible, but I am

> lucky to live in a nice house and earn a decent

> wage. The people who have kids in prams, who have

> to eat food on the bus probably don't have my

> advantages. Real life for a lot of people who get

> off the train at P Rye is a real struggle. I

> prefer to appreciate what I have and feel very

> sorry for those who work extremely hard to bring

> up their kids with little chance that they will

> have the social mobility that my generation had.

> If chatty man doesn't like footballs and scooters

> he could either, a) get involved with organising

> after schools activities for these kids or b) move

> to canary wharf where there are no kids (start up

> some kind of media type company there, lots of

> opportunity I would think).

I am sure your "fellow workers" would be delighted at the idea someone else in the carriage is pitying them and their sorry lives...

I use the buses every day, travelling between East Dulwich and central London. I think Chattyman's complaints about the eating and the litter on the bus, not to mention the oversized buggies they travel two stops, are totally reasonable and I empathise completely (even though this thread started by being about Peckham Rye Station).

Complaining about the buggies is not the same thing as complaining about wheelchair users. There is a big difference. I have seen unpleasant situations where parents with buggies have had to be asked to make room for wheelchair users.

And we don't have to accept noise and dirt and litter on buses as all part of the deal of living in a large, vibrant, diverse city. I have visited many large, diverse, vibrant cities and they don't have buses that are in the state that so many London buses are in. Having a tough life doesn't make it okay to use buses as your dumping ground which is something that happens more and more - especially on south London buses. Having a tough life doesn't make it okay to feed your kids McDonalds on the bus and leaving behind the rubbish instead of feeding them at home.

We are too accepting of inconsiderate behaviour in public spaces in London. It doesn't make anyone that points this out an intolerant Daily Mail reader. People in other cities don't put up with what we put up with in London.

chattyman Wrote:

> Is anybody else getting rather irate when leaving

> the station in the evening and having to battle

> through loads of unsupervised children with

> scooters and footballs?

I don't use PR but if I was experiencing that I would also be pretty annoyed.

Plenty of other places to play and a no ball games policy where people are traversing would be sensible.

I has every sympathy with you especially if this hasn't been the case previously.

Question is what can be done about it?

Maybe contact complain to the council or the local MP, they have the power to make it a no ball game area if they believe it's needed.

Really quite bizarre how others can't empathise with you.

I totally understand how after a hideous commute someone faced with a chicane dodging ball dodging and kid dodging would be totally peed off.

???? Wrote:

> Personally I'm a sick to death of all the

> miserable twats coming out of the station looking

> like they loathe their

> jobs/lives/existence....it's why I go on the bus

> with the plebs and kids

>

> Life's too short you miserable tossers

LMFAO!!!!

Classic

spider69 Wrote:

> 6.55 can understand that. next

So basically there are kids playing in the afternoon after school, and they are home before tea time. Doesn't exactly seem like the end of the world.

Saying that, treehugger's post doesn't ring true with me and actually comes across as a little smug (although I'm sure that wasn't the intention). You won't convince me that anybody HAS to eat fried chicken on the bus.

Jeremy I agree. A shared confined space should stay free from the use of individualistic gratification. Eating on a bus is the height of bad manners and uncleanliness. Not to mention the wafting aroma of the kernels very "special" recipe. Makes me vomit at the thought.

Louisa.

Got to be honest, I find the smug middle-class mummies of Lordship Lane with their sharp-elbowed sense of entitlement far more annoying. Like for example their habit of unloading their offspring out of a 4x4 into the middle of the road (why not the pavement side, FFS!!!?) It all smacks of "I'm far too important and my time is too precious to give way to anyone else for a second."

The children play in the alleyway that accesses the station- the problem is getting through the entrance of the alley which has bollards and the children. They are very little children, I think they are the children of people having their hair done or of the people doing the hair, so I don't think it's after school play out. You do get scooters charging up and down, footballs and boisterousness in what is a tiny narrow and extremely busy space. Personally it doesn't really bother me, except when I am rushing late for a train, but they are unsupervised children who look under 5 which is a bit odd.

James Wrote:

> Got to be honest, I find the smug middle-class

> mummies of Lordship Lane with their sharp-elbowed

> sense of entitlement far more annoying. Like for

> example their habit of unloading their offspring

> out of a 4x4 into the middle of the road (why not

> the pavement side, FFS!!!?) It all smacks of "I'm

> far too important and my time is too precious to

> give way to anyone else for a second."

Oh FFS what's this got to do with anything? Just a bit more chip on shoulder, cliche ridden nonsense.

I'm sure the kids playing in the alley are offspring of people having hair and nails done. Kids have always played in the street I don't think it's too much of a bother. I remember as a kid myself always being told by some grumpy old sod to go and play somewhere else. They're only little children.

I just hate those people that clog up the bus stops, preventing me being always first on the bus - really gets my back up. And the people who are larger than skinny people who take up more than their fair share of pavement, it's just not fair. Also, the people with more than one child who clog up the schools and make the planet weigh too much, that really gets my goat.