Autumn babies thread (due Sept, Oct, Nov 2014)

Hi all! I'm expecting my first on 13 October and would love to get to know others in the area and get advice from those of you with experience! I can't do weekdays either, but evenings or weekends are generally good for me. So glad to be living in East Dulwich with such an active community and lots of like minded people :-)

I have now E-mailed round a list to those who have sent their E-mail addresses. Will PM everyone else who has joined the thread to see if they would like to be added. I think it would be good to have due date, Name, E-mail and other kids (son/daughter and age they will be when new arrival is due). But obviously you can add as little or as much info as you feel comfortable with. Christine x

Hello everyone, I am expecting number 2 on October 5th - my daughter will be 20 months then - good to see other mums on the page in a similar situation! I was not living in the area when I was pregnant with my first, I was wondering if anyone has found a local drop-in pregnancy yoga class? I am reluctant to pay for a 6-8 week block of classes at the moment as I have a few different things coming up over the next few months and know I will miss some of the classes. I really enjoyed pregnancy yoga in my first pregnancy and would love to get back to it!

I have PM'd my e mail address and looking forward to meeting up in the coming weeks hopefully! Thanks, Helen x

Another second timer here!

Due towards end of October and my daughter will be turning 2yo this July - would love to come along to a meet-up soon, Am working f/t until August but I'll make myself known again in the summer :)

x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm another second timer due early November (I was also ed winter babies 2012/2013 and can testify as to how great these groups are).

Would love to meet up with other first and second timers alike - sorry to have missed the meetings so far.

I'm pm my email address to whoever is running a list. If it helps, for winter babies 2012/13 we had / have a Facebook group which was the easiest way of keeping in touch, asking questions, arranging meets etc.

X

Hi all, I am a expecting my second on 14 November and would love to join in with meet ups. Will pm my email address to whoever is arranging the list. My daughter will be 22 months when the new baby arrives. Not sure what we're letting ourselves in for! Hannah x

Hi all, we're also expecting our second baby - due 4th Sept. Our daughter will turn 3 in September - funnily enough it's the same due date again! We moved to the area in January and would love to meet other parents soon too. Will PM my email.

Louisa x

Hi everyone - congratulations on your impending arrivals!

I am due late Aug/early September with our first baby :-) all very exciting and a little daunting!

hmt1979 - I attend pregnancy yoga at http://www.yogarisepeckham.com/ they have drop in prices as well as block bookings. At the moment the classes are Saturdays at 15:30 but they are looking to move to a more convenient time as they appreciate it is not the best time.

x

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mummies/mummies to be

Great news!!!

NCT baby and toddler table top sales are back in town. If you want to grab a bargain for your bump, baby or toddler, then put it in your diaries.

You will find bouncers baby clothes, sterilisers and much much more! There will of course be tea's, coffee's and cakes available too. We also have an outdoor space for little ones to run around.

NCT Dulwich & District Table top sale -

ON - SATURDAY 5TH JULY

AT - BUCHAN HALL, BUCHAN HALL SE15

FROM - 10.30-1PM (10AM ENTRY FOR NCT MEMBERS)

ALL WELCOME , You don't need to be a NCT member to buy or sell. If you would like to book a table then send me a PM or email [email protected]

Hello everyone, apologies for gatecrashing, but I just wondered whether any of you might be interested to come to this months 'Positive Birth' discussion?

It's this coming Thursday 26th, It will be from 10am-12midday and everyone interested in exploring how to think about birth in a more positive way is welcome. It's held at my house in ED, so is walking distance for most, and babies/toddlers/children are very welcome. I will provide tea/coffee/soft drinks/biscuits etc.etc. and you just bring yourselves, your positive attitude and interest in all things birth related (and a packet of biccies if you want to contribute).

The theme this month is "Choice in Birth", which should make for interesting discussion. Did you feel you had/have a choice regarding the birth of your baby? When you're in the midst of labour and things aren't going to plan did you still feel you had choices? Can informed choice ever be a reality - if so, how far? How much knowledge do you need to be 'informed'? How are choices presented to you in the UK maternity system? Were your choices respected? If you're a maternity professional, how far are the choices you can offer women dictated by the needs of the system, rather than the needs/wishes of the women? I think this one may run and run!! :D

Please PM me for the address, otherwise I'll look forward to seeing any of you as are interested and can make it on Thursday morning.

SW x

It's less than a week till our Nearly new BABY & TODDLER sale on SATURDAY 5TH JULY 2014, 10.30am -1pm. It will be held at Buchan Hall, Buchan Road SE15 3HQ. Nearest station : Nunhead, Buses : P12, 78. The sale is the perfect time to pick up a bargain for your bump, baby or toddler. We will have lots of baby, child & maternity items.

Here's a sneak peek at some of what you could grab if you're early...

Moses Basket

Jumperoo

Baby Bath

girls & boys cothes

Tiny baby clothes

Maternity clothes

Bugaboo cocoon

Baby Walkers

Breastfeeding cushions

Baby bath seat

Baby Swing

And Much much more

As well as picking up bargains, there will be a baby corner, outdoor space for older children, teas, coffees, cakes and a FACE PAINTER smiling smiley

We have a few sellers tables left if you would like to sell your baby/child items please send an email to [email protected]

The sale is also a great way to find out more about your local NCT branch and meet the branch team.

We look forward to meeting you on Saturday

NCT Dulwich & District Branch Team

Hi, Would anyone be interested in setting up a regular play group for a small group of toddlers?

This is what I have in mind: I like to do lots of activities with my son (who will be two in September), but I'm anticipating that it will get harder to keep him occupied when our new baby arrives. But organising activities for three / four kids isn't so much harder than organising something for one, so I'm wondering if anyone would like to team up, and create a small toddler group that meets perhaps twice a week, with some kind of planned activity - crafts, cooking, that kind of thing - maybe even themed over a number of meet-ups, alternating at different people's homes. And maybe including lunch / tea for the toddlers. If anyone's interested, please PM me and we could perhaps all meet to discuss how it might work. Our flat is small, so I'm thinking maybe just three kids (with parent plus baby) but if lots of people are interested we could organise it a bit differently.

Helena