to all those single male forumites........

sweetgirl

I do remember this being put on The Forum a couple of months ago actually, I would have gone if I wasnt so fecking busy! And a singles night full of women sounds like a bit of a result...whens the next one? And where do all these singletons hide themselves during the average working week? East Dulwich seems to have been purged of all single folk judging by the preponderence of breeding couples filling every cavity and available open space on Lordship Lane. That wasnt supposed to sound quite so rude but hey-ho! ;-)

Asset Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think if you are single, you see the happy,

> breeding couples on LL - but if you are an

> exhausted parent with whinging kids and partner in

> tow you see the happy, carefree singles. Grass is

> always greener and all that.

Innit!!! (not that I have kids, but I'm with you otherwise)

It was advertised quite a lot on this forum and was organised by the Dulwich Supper Club and not Liquorish itself and was not a Facebook event.

Sweetgirl, I am sorry that your friend felt the need to move on from the event but we had over 30 people turn up and the ratio was not too bad. It was all organised by us in our spare time and we did not charge for it, so I guess that we cannot please everyone all of the time and we've had a lot of positive feedback from the people who did turn up.

There always seem to be plenty of single people at Liquorish on a normal Friday or Saturday night, so I'm not sure why a specific 'singles night' is required!? As a single man, I'd rather stick to a normal night, since a night specifically for singletons cries out with an air of desperation to me. I suspect other men may share my view? Maybe I have an stereotypical image of the type of women (and indeed men) that frequent these events, but I'd just rather do my thing without the pressure of 'singles night' ringing through my ears.

What we need in ED is a decent late night venue. And that doesn't include Kebab and Wine!!! I'm only just winding up by 1am - like a well coiled spring, ready to pounce!

Acedout - we just reserved an area in the bar and it was chosen because they did not charge us anything for the hire. There were no signs indicating that it was a singles night, so no one else would know that it was a gathering for single people, it just looked like a bunch of people having a drink.

As I said, you cannot please everyone all of the time and you do not have to turn up to any of our events!