Things that have made me laugh 2

mockney piers

doing the rounds

http://www.amazon.co.uk/UK-We-Are-No-British/dp/B00HBWOSFI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414603748&sr=8-1&keywords=ukip+hoodie

some of the reviews are a joy

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00L58CKRM/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

"As a proud member of UKIP and a leading member on the Ribble Neighbourhood Watch committee, I often struggle to find clothing that's both practical and is passive aggressive to people with a different cultural heritage. My usual collection of tweed jackets with a handkerchief in the breast pocket may well be fashionable, but it doesn't quite tell foreigners to f**k off as much as I wish it would"

• 2 weeks later...

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> At least they're trying, and good for them for encouraging customers to give feedback. While I

> love John Lewis, I don't understand how they got their reputation for service. They could take a

> few tips from Tesco.

I don't deny Tesco's service is rather excellent (especially if you have a problem with their online service), I've always found John Lewis's service to be wonderful, also. Even to the point I would actually pay more for stuff (especially white-goods) bought online, as I know it will arrive on time, as ordered and be expertly installed. But I generally don't have to pay more as they usually price match.

I don't use Tesco enough to be able to judge; I just thought it was good they were doing it in an open and straightforward way, including putting the notices just before the till so that you actually focus on the service they give you rather than a general impression of the store.

JL's processes are great, especially refunds, but service on the shop floor can be a bit hit and miss - my experience anyway. I've been to the Oxford St one several times recently and I'm fed up of shop assistants bitching about their colleagues. Also had this in Palmers in Brixton, where I needed some help and caught the eye of an assistant who was mid-character assassination, and she turned her back on me and carried on. Interestingly, all the above were in haberdashery departments - must be something about soft furnishings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...