Where did you go to school

bigbadwolf

Moos Wrote:

FRENCH:

1/ "Pappy" Alexander. MP: "Knight first you fart then you belch GET OUT!"

Call me vulgar, but I laughed like a drain (d'you

> see what I did there?) at that one. Did Knight have the gumption to say 'Sorry sir, I didn't know you had to belch first?'

What "Jethro" Knight did,in fact,was to march out stomping the floor as hard as possible with his Doctor Martins on!:))

Another "Pappy" story-he was about 107 years old btw...He used to crack the same "joke" 100 times a year.

He would say in French "What have I got in my pocket?"...."Dunno,Sir" would be the reply from the gathered ensemble.

Then he would say with a big grin "5 pence and a piece of string!":))(6)....so once the "lads" got wise to this they agreed what to do next time.

The day soon arrived-usual spiel and silence after the "punchline" then a ripple then a few random laughs,gradually building so that everyone laughed,at first reasonably,then it grew and grew until the whole class were in uncontrollable hysterics,complete with holding their sides and Barry Rowing and Pancho Martinez rolling on the floor!

At first he smiled at the recognition of his joke but gradually it dawned on him that the lads were taking the pizzicato BIG-TIME:))...twas 40 years ago but still vivid today!

Dulwich Village Infants, Dulwich Hamlet Juniors and then Tulse Hill School For Boys/Thugs. Notable ex-pupils:- Ken Livingstone, Linton Kwesi Johnson, Smiley Culture, boxer Danny Williams (who once knocked out Mike Tyson in 4 rounds), actors Tim Roth and Kenneth Cranham, footballers Les Briley (Millwall) and Dennis Bailey (QPR) who famously scored a hat-trick in a 4-1 win against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

I didn't do notable pupils... Hmmm Sean Wright-Phillips, Scot Parker (my mate gave him a prefects detention for being so good at football).

If you read Eric the viking by Terry Jones, the beginning of the book says "story for Bill", that was his son, who was in the year above me.

• 4 months later...
Enjoyed the reference to tenison's and Pappy. I was wondering who you are as I was in the class: 1B with Barry Rowing that lesson. Absolutely brilliant memory. Good old Pappy. Always wondered what happened to Barry? I was there 1965-72.

more like where didn't I go to school... got chucked out 5 times (twice from the same school... don't ask)

and went to 8 schools in total... none of them for long....

bad girl, grown up good (well, good-ish)

sorry... just could not resist adding this pic!!!

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/Pictures/2007/12/12/StTrinians_460x276.jpg

charliecharlie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> more like where didn't I go to school... got

> chucked out 5 times (twice from the same school...

> don't ask)

> and went to 8 schools in total... none of them for

> long....

>

> bad girl, grown up good (well, good-ish)

>

>

> sorry... just could not resist adding this pic!!!

> http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/

> Pictures/2007/12/12/StTrinians_460x276.jpg

Don't apologise! The Lady on the left is gorgeous>:D<

p.s. My Mum warned me about Girls like you, but sadly I went to an All-Boys School.(6)

[quote=Mikecg

...What did you learn in school today?]

I learnt that even the most out of control 15yr olds can blossom given the right encouragement...

I am not a school teacher but spent yesterday with 40 inner city school kids doing a design project called 'trainers of the future'. We used the trainer as a way to get them to 'dream' about what might be possible, think about other people's needs and understand how design can be used to improved peoples lives. You can't see form the pic all the magical ideas they had embeedded in their design thinking, but for example, the punky looking shoe... "the yellow spikes fly out when you are in danger on the streets and create a protective circle around you so you can not be harmed", the pale pink one (which is for babies) has "a button that you press to play a special kind of music that calms the baby, so it stops crying and starts smiling" They has 2 hours to do the project and worked in teams....

well you did ask Mikecg

edited a hundred times cos I can't sort out my pic to be small enough...

Mikecg Wrote:

> Hay woof have you noticed that Catholic girls have

> got a little tiny moustache?

No Ciggie,

but I shall look out, however I did discover they were"in fine coat"later on in life

Oh yes indeede....

W**F

(sh*t by the shovel full)

jumpinjackflash, i went to sydenham girls on dartmouth road and remember miss plum too in home economics,she was fat and vile and nasty and made learning to cook a terrifying experience, like miss pooly in dance who had the biggest arse ever and i remember being fascinated how her leotard would dissapear up it, terifying i tell you..

I went to Rosendale school 67-72 and then went to Kingsdale 72-80. My other half went to Tulse Hill Boys and played in the same school team as Les Briley, around the time that Mohammed Ali went to the school to hand out the sports prizes.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Dulwich Village Infants, Dulwich Hamlet Juniors

> and then Tulse Hill School For Boys/Thugs. Notable

> ex-pupils:- Ken Livingstone, Linton Kwesi Johnson,

> Smiley Culture, boxer Danny Williams (who once

> knocked out Mike Tyson in 4 rounds), actors Tim

> Roth and Kenneth Cranham, footballers Les Briley

> (Millwall) and Dennis Bailey (QPR) who famously

> scored a hat-trick in a 4-1 win against Manchester

> United at Old Trafford.

JL, didn't Francis Rossi of the Quo also go there. According to my mate Trev he did.

I'd ask him but he moved to New Zealand several years ago.

Any way the only person of any note who went to my secondary school is Gus O'Donnell the cabinet secretary.

And that was well after I left in somewhat of a hurry.

Yeah, I actually heard from him recently, was nice to catch up. Glad to see he's being rewarded for all his hard work too! He could still have a few years left before retiring if my maths and memory are correct.