Angry Nigel the 185 bus driver man (Lounged)

Ants

My view is that if you dont like your job then dont do it but dont be rude whilst you figure it out! Whilst I do get that drivers on buses seem to get alot of stick (not that I have personally ever seen any) they have absolutely no right to take that out on or be rude to a passenger that isnt doing anything wrong.. If they dont like it then can go and sign up down at the job centre.. If I was that rude to people I work with I would be fired and I work in a brokerage firm!

I was only saying the other day that I make a point of saying thank you when I get on and then when I get off the bus and some drivers are quite receptive but others just literally grunt at you or completely ignore you..

I will continue to say thank you for my sake and also for the drivers that are nice..

BlueOne,

From experience, I can give you a few tips about getting a successful outcome with a complaint about a bus driver.

As you have found, the service operator will do anything to avoid registering a complaint because it becomes a statistic monitorerd by TFL. Also, they don't want to discipline ( eg sack) the driver as they are in short supply and they cost lots to recruit and train.

1. Top priority is to get the 'Running Number' from the side of the bus. The number is on a removable metal plate that is located on the ouside of the bus adjacent to the entrance door. This is the sequence number of the bus as it leaves the depot on that day. Each bus is logged out using a unique Running Number as the reference. The first out is number 1. The log records the Driver's name and the time the bus set out. They then cannot say that they are unable to identify he driver.

2. Record the route number, date , time, driver features (eg age, hair colour, build , ethnicity etc etc) and where the incident took place plus the direction the bus was going in. If you feel up to it, ask for the driver's name.

3. Complain as SOON AS POSSIBLE directly to the Head Office of the bus operator. Best by e-mail.

4. Copy your e-mail to TFL and Travel Watch.

5. Telephone the bus operator that same day and advise that you have sent an e-mail earlier and that you want a complaint reference number. Don't get fobbed off and let them know that you will nt be fobbed off.

6. Get the name of the person you speak to so that you can follow it up.

Good luck.

Working with the general public is enough to turn even the most kind-hearted saint into a sneering misanthrope.

I don't expect a bus driver to doff his cap to me as I alight, I expect him to concentrate on driving a bus.

But you do expect him to let you on if you have a valid ticket, don't you?

If you can find somewhere in the thread where someone suggested it's part of a bus driver's job to doff his cap, then you have a point. Otherwise I can't see it.

honk - you are missing the point - this guy is extremely rude. No other bus driver asks you to hand, through the glass, your travel card and your photo card.

He does this not by speaking to you but rapping the glass with his knuckle and gesturing, while you, the paying customer, tries to figure out what he wants.

Lets admit it - you need to be pretty rude for a whole bunch of east dulwich people to write a thread about you - most people would not even notice their bus driver - this guy goes out of his way to get noticed.

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> honk - you are missing the point - this guy is

> extremely rude. No other bus driver asks you to

> hand, through the glass, your travel card and your

> photo card.

> He does this not by speaking to you but rapping

> the glass with his knuckle and gesturing, while

> you, the paying customer, tries to figure out what

> he wants.

> Lets admit it - you need to be pretty rude for a

> whole bunch of east dulwich people to write a

> thread about you - most people would not even

> notice their bus driver - this guy goes out of his

> way to get noticed.

That is pretty bad annoying I guess.

Mind you, many years ago when I was a lifeguard, out of sheer boredom, and just because I could, I would spend absolutely ages checking peoples' swimming tickets in great detail as if I was a Swiss border guard in WWII.

Boring jobs dealing repeatedly with the general public bring these traits hurtling to the surface in people I guess.

My friend who drives a route in North London says you pretty much have to punch someone to be laid off as a bus driver unfortunately, and the complaints offices can often be a case of 'whoever answers the phone and fancies a laugh'

Ive seen him terrorise people about their passes when I was on his 185, He was actually smoking a cigarette at the time. I remeber saying to the lady next to me, " its one rule for him and a different on for everybody else" his claim to fame is the fact that he can inflame a saint, he is a misserable old groat who should get a life. I bet his wife beats him when he gets in from work.

I think people should confront him, I know I will, and ill ask him " are you a battered husband" LOL!!!!!

I think what we can take from all of this is the buses are horrid and should be banned from the streets of ED without any further ado. We should start pressing for an ED tram or monorail connecting directly with the City and Westmister (and possibly Werst End). This would also conveniently bypass allthe stuff in-between.

• 2 weeks later...
what a fool you are but being such a rich self opionated lawyer that you are please by all means get a taxi, and after a few trips you'll be glad to see the faithfull bus service, so please produce your pass take a seat and thank the driver when you get off ,it only cost you ?2 and you don't need to leave a tip

your such a big man but try doing his job with 70 pissed up fools activating alarms whilst he's doing his job . Bus drivers are not allowed out their cabs unless in emergency this is a health and safety directive, and believe me in an emergency you'll be glad this man is the level headed driver of your bus.However please tell me where you work so I can come with 50 mates get pissed and set off your alarms

I think you should stop slaging off people on here its not nice and sure there is a slander case here somewhere but as you dont seem to care who you slag off i might as well have a go ED is the only place where you get all the moning gits i bet you complane about the way the roads where gritted you set off sad lonley tossers. I bet most off you complaining dont have jobs try to get on the bus for free try paying your fare and touching the card and not your selfs. Most off you smell half you dont wash smell off beer and piss on the seats leave your rubbish on the bus thats before noon. Most off you can not drive you are to stuoped to pass a driving test thats why you are on the bus. At lest Angry Nigel the 185 bus driver is there on weekends to take you home bank holidays to take you dole dossers to the shops i bet if he did not turn up you would complane we have been here 30mins waiting for a bus just be lucking you got the 185. if it was not for east theames buses you would not have the route as no other companey wants it wonder why that is? is it because it such a bad eraner or just that it goses past ED

You even get ?42000 to make ED safer and why do we need that because Angry Nigel has kicked them all off the 185 so you can travel safer. I bet most off the parents are on this forum complaining about anything they can they should sort out there kids first lets stick pitures off the twats that make ED unsafe for everyone not pictures off buses drivers i bet if he want to take this further he could and get the forum closed down. I think he should my self Angry Nigel if you look at this or what to complain PM me i will give you a number to call.