anyone having problems with royal mail sorting office?

sibbers1

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I would bump this thread.

As we are entering their most busy period,

also to say that visited Sylvester Rd at 07.15 this morning (open from 06.30 till Christmas!) & was met with a cheery welcome & very swift service.

Staff welcomed the extended hours & the Overtime that ensues.

I have ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon and other online sites in the last few weeks, and it has all arrived very quickly and been delivered by the postie with no trouble at all.

The only parcel I have had a problem with was the one delivered by a non-Royal Mail firm.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh Dear it keeps happening!!

My sister sent me a parcel from Europe (sent as letter so should come with Royal Mail from my experience).....still not here two weeks later and no 'pick up note'.

Two out of three things ordered on Amazon did arrive but one still missing and will luckily be replaced.

I sometimes have to pick up my parcels at Cans on Forest Hill Road (usually parcel force though). Called them they were very helpful but didn't have my stuff.

Tried Sylvester Road sorting office and was told 'If you haven't got a note through the door love it ain't here'.....they also never pick up the phone, have called them numerous times and it's definitely the right number.

Very frustrating....

Rpyal mail has infprmed me if the parcel has still not arrived after two weeks I can complain (and I suppose I have nothing better to do!!!!!)

Moan moan.....

Bx

• 2 weeks later...

I now have a dvd sent from a mate that has not arrived. It was sent recorded delivery and it is recorded as being delivered, but, guess what - no delivery and no electronic signature online!

Fooking annoying!

God knows what to do now!

ClareC Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My mum sent me a cheque......... still waiting a

> week later!!! Always seems to be the more

> interesting looking mail that gets "lost"

xxxx

Why, did she write "cheque enclosed" on the outside in large letters to make it more interesting looking? :)

If I'm sending a cheque I always make sure it isn't visible from outside, eg enclose it in plain paper if the envelope is thin ......

Its all well and good complaining about the sorting office. Owning a house in silvester road - I do know some of them and the permanent staff are good honest people. I would also like to raise the point about all those that come to collect their letters and decide to park in the middle of the road/park illegally......if you are collecting a letter, park properly and do not block the road!!!!!

hi, i have posted separately also, but unhappily i have had a parcel go missing. sent recorded delivery, and just an unintelligable signature on the online tracking website.

im gutted as the item is one of a kind, its a home-made cushion.

i wont be able to go and complain until next saturady (I have to leave for work before the sorting office opens) but if anyone has mistakenly signed for it i would be very grateful to get it back. First name Amy, house number 38.