Excellent Plumber & Gas Engineer - McHOW LTD.

Dave @ McHow

Yes can highly recommend David at McHow Maintenance not only for unblocking my toilet on two occasions but for being excellent in terms of communication for arranging the appointment and for suggesting ways of dealing with the problem that might be cheaper in the future....

• 1 month later...
Dave gave us a good reasonable quote to replace our ancient boiler and completely refurbish our bathroom and did a wonderful job from boiler install, complete room tiling, painting, new bath, shower, basin and toilet. He and Ricky really knew their stuff, always did what they said they were going to do and were a delight to have working in our home. Highly recommended.

• 4 months later...
I can also completely recommend David at McHow. I was having some difficulty working the boiler system in my new rented house in East Dulwich earlier today so I gave him a call. He cheerfully popped round within a couple of hours (at the exact time I asked him to come round), assessed the system, figured it all out, sorted it all out, tested it, and got it all to work perfectly (and explain to me how it was done) in no time at all. He was also very pleasant to work with, with a great attitude and a reassuring sense of know-how. I'll definitely be calling him again if I need any other work done in the house.

I've used Dave from McHow a few times now and am really impressed with his work.

He and his partner were employed by our builders to install a new boiler in our extension. It was a really neat and professional job with a lot of complex wiring and plumbing involved and worked like a dream. When our builders decided to move all the wiring and controllers and messed it up badly (burning out one of the controllers) Dave came a corrected it the very next day without any issues.

He also installed a gas burning tray in our fireplace when the builders said it was impossible and we had had the wrong thing custom made to fit, I think it took Dave about an hour to put in, test and certify it, without any issues.

And this week a valve on our central heating pump started to drip (a part not in stalling by Dave I must add). The next day Dave came and replaced in with no fuss, he apologised for having to charging me since it was not a part of the system he installed!

This is my first post and Dave did ask me if I would leave feedback if I was happy with his work since word of mouth recommendations from happy customer are important and I am very happy to do that. I can recommend him and his company highly.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
Fantastic service from McHow Maintenance Services! Phoned them to fix a leaking sink waste pipe, they arrived within 1hour 30 and identified the problem immediately. I cheekily asked if they could re-seal my kitchen sink at the same time (two plumbers had arrived; Dave and colleague) and they both got to work. All fixed, excellent work all round - very pleased.

Dave from McHow contacted me after I posted on this forum looking for some help to remove a kitchen in a hurry. He and his colleague Ricky came on a Sunday(!), were courteous and friendly, did what we needed them to do in a really short time and the price was very reasonable.

I also asked Dave for some advice on how to upgrade the boiler and heating system. He was super helpful and I will definitely be using him to do the job when the time comes.

I highly recommend McHow Property Maintenance. Don't waste your time looking for someone else, just book him in now.

Amanda

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I too can only say fabulous things about Dave and am so pleased that I have now found a brilliant plumber in East Dulwich!

I had a problem that Pimlico Plumbers said they could only fix by smashing the taps to pieces which result in me having to buy new ones, and costing me as it was turning into a very time consuming job. Three weeks ago Dave sorted the problem without causing such expense and I still have the old taps in place now working perfectly.

I am absolutely delighted and highly recommend Dave for his professionalism and punctuality, he's incredibly hard working and on top of that, very reasonably priced!

His number 07814 833352

• 4 weeks later...

Adding to the praise for Dave!

I called him this morning as my boiler had gone on the blink, he arrived the same day and had the problem fixed within an hour. He turned up exactly when he said he would, identified the problem and provided a cheap solution.

I would certainly reccommend.

Thanks,

Mark

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Dave from McHow came last week to try and get our central heating working on the ground floor, we had spent several thousand pounds with another local plumber who hadn't managed to fix the problem. Dave and his colleague spent the whole day persevering until they fixed the problem at a cost of less than a fifth of what we had spent unsuccessfully trying to get the problem fixed earlier in the year. Dave is very professional and i would recommend him to anyone that needs plumbing / heating work done. Simon & Emma

• 1 month later...
I found Dave from McHow through this forum and have been getting him to upgrade the plumbing in my new home. So far he has put in an internal mains water stopcock, an external tap, re-sited the washing machine and completely replaced the bathroom. When he took up the bathroom floor the joists were really rotten - he and Ricky managed the situation without any hassle and just did the work necessary. He's got a good network of people including an efficient electrician and someone who can decorate, so for now he's my one-stop shop!

• 2 weeks later...
I can also recommend Dave as a plumber. He replaced my kitchen tap after we had been let down by another plumber mentioned on this forum (see recent posts about "Rick"). Dave was punctual, his price was fair, and he did a good job. He is also a nice guy. His number is 07814 833352.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would also like to highly recommend Dave and his partner at McHow. Showed up just a couple of hours after I had phoned and they were very efficient, polite and reasonably priced. Fantastic service and I will of course use them again!

• 3 weeks later...
I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Dave and his partner. The work they did for us was complex. Re-siting gas flue which involved going through the roof and making that water-tight, power flush to clean the system and complete dismantling, cleaning and refurb of the boiler following years of neglect from our 'insurers'. Quality work at a fair price.

Would not hesitate to recommend Dave and his friend. The work we had done was complex. Re-siting flue which entailed making roof good, power flushing the system, and completely stripping down, cleaning and replacing parts in our boiler. This had been neglected by our 'insurer'. All this was done efficiently, neatly and well. The price was fair and we will most certainly using their services again.

• 1 month later...

Was recommended Dave by a friend and he was great, came to service the boiler but ended up having to dismantle the cupboard first so he could get to the boiler - which he did with a smile and re assembled afterwards.

He was timely, polite and showed up when he said he would - highly recommended.

Cheers

We found Dave, at McHow, through the forum after a leak in our integrated shower (one of the ones which looks lovely but are hidden in a wall so a nightmare when something goes wrong!).

Dave instantly answered my call, agreed a convenient time to visit, text to confirm the day before and turned up exactly as agreed (spot on time).

We've fully refurbished our house and so have had lots of tradespeople in over the past couple of years and we could instantly tell Dave was (a) a lovely chap (b) honest and decent © super knowledgable, practical, passionate and experienced.

He had an idea of what might be the issue and set to work - the broken seal was quickly identified everything was fixed that morning, including an old issue we'd had with a toilet that he fixed as a part of the job.

I'd absolutely recommend Dave to others and he'll be our go to person in the future - we already planning an upgrade to another bathroom.

Thanks to Dave for the great job and to forum members for the recommendation.

• 1 month later...

My central heating didn't come on this winter and I called Dave from McHow after reading the excellent reviews on this thread.

Dave was over in an hour of me calling him and he fixed the problem immediately.

Very friendly, fast and efficient service at a competitive price. I will 100% use Dave from now on and I have no hesitations recommending him to others.

I hope David's prices are reasonable? I've got issues with my boiler; showing fault 'F22', it's a valiant combi-boiler. Now there is hot water but no heating whatsoever.

Just hope his rates are affordable. Seen so many other boiler engineers with call out charges, just on a tight budget at the mo. Will try these other ones as they come highly recommended by you guys on this forum. Thanks!