I've just seen the 2 women rummaging through bins!

Not more than 10 minutes ago, on my way to work, I saw the 2 asian women with their shopping trollies, pulling things out of someone's bin on Upland Rd! Unfortunatelly I couldn't take a photo as my phone hasn't got a camera. They were walking towards Oakhurst Grove. They didn't seem to care who saw them!

They were going through those bins in broad daylight in public like it was an ok thing to do *rolleyes*. They could be collecting stuff to sell but still this is against the law & so is id theft. Quite disturbing.

We should have a hashtag. #EastDulwichbingyppos

In response to you Cle, who have also referred to these two women as 'slatterns' in a previous post.

I am more shocked by your use of derogatory language on a public forum as if it were the most normal thing in the world, your territorial obsession with your own front garden, your apparent lack of empathy and your small minded view of the world, than by the fact that there are two women rummaging through bins. I would be more worried if my children read your comments than if they saw two people looking through the things we had thrown out through our living room window.

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I seem to remember they were previously described

> as east european - and now they are asian?

That was my first thought.

And yes, well said Deborah. Cle is something of an unpleasant snob judging by their posts on here.

Putting the snobbish stereotypes to one side. Surely someone, anyone rummaging through your bins is disturbing and potentially could involve criminal activity such as ID theft? Why was this not reported to the police?

Louisa.

deborah.bruce Wrote:

> We should have a hashtag. #EastDulwichbingyppos

>

> In response to you Cle, who have also referred to

> these two women as 'slatterns' in a previous

> post.

>

> I am more shocked by your use of derogatory

> language on a public forum as if it were the most

> normal thing in the world, your territorial

> obsession with your own front garden, your

> apparent lack of empathy and your small minded

> view of the world, than by the fact that there are

> two women rummaging through bins. I would be more

> worried if my children read your comments than if

> they saw two people looking through the things we

> had thrown out through our living room window.

And a few other choice terms too - it's been a bit of an ongoing joke, as was the hashtag quite clearly. Bore off with your faux shock, and find something to channel your exasperation into.

That said, I don't think your 'territorial' as a pejorative about a front garden is quite right. It's as much my property as my bedroom and I don't see why people should come in without permission and rifle around - except for the expected and the obvious whose reason and purpose is clear (postmen, binmen, even junk mail/flyering). You may want a free-for-all but please don't assume your attitude is normal.

Louisa Wrote:

> Otta I wouldn't be too offended, the EDF is a

> minefield of online shock jocks as you know.

>

> Louisa.

As ever Louisa, you win the board!

Otta - calling me a snob and taking about my tone is one thing (and you're quite right even though I am slightly messing around too), but I don't appreciate the random quotation of the racial elements in the reply to me, which if you trawl through my posts, I have never once engaged on or mentioned at all. Not me talking about Asians or Eastern Europeans...

StraferJack Wrote:

> I seem to remember they were previously described

> as east european - and now they are asian?

Maybe they're from one of the countries that enters the Eurovision but isn't really in Europe... Azerbaijan or Georgia, perhaps.

It was first mentioned here on the forums in March, that 2 women were seen going through bins. Who knows how long they have been doing this. They do it in broad daylight - seen mornings, lunchtimes... They go through wheelies on the pavement as well as the ones in peoples gardens. They have tall oblong fabric shopping trolleys with them - one was silver grey coloured from what I remember.