I've just seen the 2 women rummaging through bins!

ruffers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If you're that bothered why not just ask them what

> they're looking for? I've seen them takign

> electrical items out, presumably for scrap.

Do you think that it is alright for them to be doing this, trespassing on other people's property & going through their bins & taking things, without their permission?

Vik Wrote:

> What Ruffers said.

>

> Do we really need a new thread started every time

> someone sees them?

No we don't but I wanted to alert people living in the area.

Nothing wrong with that. You don't have to read it if you are not interested.

"No we don't but I wanted to alert people living in the area. "

sp post the update in the existing thread

by having 3 or 4 threads about the same thing, those uninterested have little choice but to read some of it

As for the whol should they./ shouldnt they debate (and the corollary should peole mind or not mind) it largely depends

If they are looking for scraps then ultimately good luck to them and be thankful that isn't your life. if you don't want people rummaging around in your bins/property then fair enough,do what yuo have to but...

But nor is it inconceivable that they are hunting for paperwork for ID fraud - it's happend to me and many others i know. So equally there may be ground for some caution

We should all assume that our bank account and/or credit card details are in the hands of criminals - because they most certainly are. However, the information is useless unless the criminals can use them. To do this they make huge efforts to obtain other information which would allow them to impersonate - from Facebook and bins.

It's more than possible these people are innocently 'earning a wage' for the wrong reasons.

Don't throw away papers that contain information that identifies you - unless it's shredded.

Callie Wrote:

> ruffers Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > If you're that bothered why not just ask them

> what

> > they're looking for? I've seen them takign

> > electrical items out, presumably for scrap.

>

> Do you think that it is alright for them to be

> doing this, trespassing on other people's property

> & going through their bins & taking things,

> without their permission?

Yes

I've never seen a Romanian of Bulgarian that looks Asian, but there you go.

Anyway, my take on the whole thing is

1. If you're worried about ID Theft, don't be an idiot and throw out info which is not torn up.

2. I think they're probably after scrap and good luck to them. Hope I'm never that desperate.

3. If your issue is simply that you don't want these "gypos" in your front garden, then I hope they visit you often.

4. Why doesn't someone just approach them with a smile and ask what they're up to?

So not wanting strangers rifling through your rubbish in your front garden makes you a bad person; inhospitable or uncharitable somehow?

Why stop at just hunters of scrap/clothes/ID theft material/whatever - surely you're a terrible person if you don't allow homeless people to sleep in your front garden? Or to come to Sunday lunch? Or get into bed?

Nobody should be allowed their sanctuary, or privacy, or a respite from the world's ills - but should be accountable for them at all times...?

Nope, actually I don't.

My home, so zero qualms about social sensitivities if it's a question of my home and family being safe and secure (including our data). Everything else comes after that.

cle I agree with you and so do many others, it's obvious that it's unacceptable behaviour and perhaps those accusing you of being uncharitable don't respect other peoples property either. I certainly wouldn't accept stranger rifling through my bins on my proerty and have reportd it to the police. Regarding asking them what they are doing they have made it clear that they dont speak english.

Sophron Wrote:

> those accusing you of being uncharitable

cle Wrote:

> So not wanting strangers rifling through your

> rubbish in your front garden makes you a bad

> person; inhospitable or uncharitable somehow?

It was cle's own words, not anyone else's. Cle chose to put a load of words in my mouth that I never said, and I think is rather enjoying playing a part here.

Thing is Otta - cle used the words to describe the sentiment that is being banded around i.e. somehow coz someone doesn't want others going through their bins on their property they are somehow uncaring (uncharitable).

Semantics or he said/she said etc. doesn't change that and I hope cle is enjoying defending the position - it's eminently defendable and the criticisms come across as tosh to be honest. More sanctimonious holier than though leftish drivel ? there is another debate to be had about protecting these immigrants? from unscrupulous gangs who exploit them by getting them to do this type of scavenging!

Someone (the police?) should get to the bottom of what's going on here-these women are obviously desperate whether searching for sensitive info (if they really don't speak English are they just taking all documents) or scrap-chances are they aren't getting the help they are entitled to. As Sophron says there may well be someone else exploiting these unfortunate women. I don't like the idea of strangers rummaging through my bins, and it is theft to remove things from people's bins but I think it's really sad that they have to whatever the reason (have you noticed how badly the bins smell in this heat)? Maybe there is a charity that can help these guys out if they are made aware of what's going on-anyone know of a relevant one?

Sophron Wrote:

> Thing is Otta - cle used the words to describe the

> sentiment that is being banded around i.e. somehow

> coz someone doesn't want others going through

> their bins on their property they are somehow

> uncaring (uncharitable).

>

> Semantics or he said/she said etc. doesn't change

> that and I hope cle is enjoying defending the

> position - it's eminently defendable and the

> criticisms come across as tosh to be honest. More

> sanctimonious holier than though leftish drivel ?

> there is another debate to be had about

> protecting these immigrants? from unscrupulous

> gangs who exploit them by getting them to do this

> type of scavenging!

Thanks Sophron - uncharitable was quite clearly the insinuation Otta, for those who didn't want this happening in their front gardens. I didn't use quotation marks so the putting words in your mouth accusation is fatuous. It's exactly what you and another were getting at.

Nothing to do with uncharitable, it just ammuses me how much it bothers you, that's all.

And please stop suggesting that this has ANYTHING to do with left/right politics, that's just a nonsense.

I never mentioned politics, or lefties/right wing anyway. Another poster.

Much how I never mentioned race or ethnicity in either thread at any point. Which you haven't acknowledged my correction on.

I suggest you brush up on your comprehension skills of who is posting what, before pinning it all to me.