Are there any nice single men in East D? (Lounged))

emc

As a single mum am usually far too knackered to bash the Bishop..anyway.....all meant was that on a Sat night it seems to be full of young (well younger than me) boozed up boys all desperately on the pull (and they seem to travel 'in' to East D from all sorts of far flung s e London places, don't they know it's nappy valley?)...I do spy some very nice men in Cafe Nero without wedding rings, gorgeous wives, cute children in tow but much harder to strike up conversations when sober (though usually a much better idea)

emc Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As a single mum am usually far too knackered to

> bash the Bishop..anyway.....all meant was that on

> a Sat night it seems to be full of young (well

> younger than me) boozed up boys all desperately on

> the pull (and they seem to travel 'in' to East D

> from all sorts of far flung s e London places,

EMC, they're what are referred to, sometimes, somewhat contemptuously on the EDF as 'blow ins'.

Young, hard-bodied fellows, doubtless tradesmen of some description, some of whom may have invested a part of their no doubt tax-free wage packet in some narcotics.

And every single male contributor to the EDF is shit scared of them. Apart from Ted Max, who treats them with lofty disdain.

You might want to dip your toe in the water with one some time, at least he'd be able, when asked to paint your passage, or brick up your doorway.

Although an EDF bloke, will be able to recommend Franklins and which is the best read from Cheners.

It's a close call.

crispy Wrote:

> Well a note to single men , most " yummy mummies"

> tend not to go out to the pub much ( my friends

> don't) so chances are, if you see a girl/ woman

> you fancy out at night,she probably aint no

> mummy!, at the risk of sounding like a dating

> website emc, what sort of age group are you

> looking for?

I have to dispute this... what about that mysterious institution called 'Baby Sitters' (or the 'Ex') giving young (or older) Mums the opportunity to go out and have an evening out...

Gentlemen, it could well be dangerous advice, treat it with Caution (unless of course you have already utilised it this weekend and are now trying to work out why some bloke hit you!!)

Well, I guess the answer to my post is No. What I mean is think there are probably lots of nice men in East D (well in fact I KNOW there are, unfortunately they are married to my friends) but none of them are single....what a shame as I am sooo lovely.....

EMC, your last post so much cries out for a nice man to stand up, be counted and say "I'm Nice, you sound lovely, lets get together and ...." but sadly, as you mentioned none will because they are all out with your friends (Their partners)

I guess saying can you lower your standards a bit isn't the answer either otherwise the smart Alexs from earlier will start asking what aspects they can drop (Single, Nice, Male - or all three)

I suppose there is only one option I can now suggest, Give up on men, become a Nun and look after the Von-Trapps Brats.... "The Hills of ED are alive with the sound of Ghetto-Music" :(

I am single.

I have a fine collection of comics, all in order and sorted by theme.

My spare room contains a scale model of the Berlin S-Bahn system. It is fully operational and runs ABSOLUTELY on time.

I iron my own clothes, all of them, especially my underwear, with starch.

My kitchen knives are sharpened every Tuesday. They glitter.

I have a cactus called Fluffy, he ran away and then came back.

Shoes are polished on Wednesdays, never before, that would be excessive.

I also had a lactating donkey called Mrs Dobbin. Dulwichmum killed her in the Quiet Room.

I am currently building a half scale model of a Blue Whale from matchsticks. It is taking some time as I do not smoke. Once completed I hope to create a diarama combining the S-Bahn with the Blue Whale.

I rather like the Tijuana Brass and am looking forward to playing their Christmas themed long playing record during the Festive Holiday. On my own.

Strangely, I am still single.

I feel it is time to find a life partner. This major departure has been stimulated by an unexpected need.

I need to fill the header tank of my central heating system with more water. It is a two person job. It will need to be refilled regularly, hence the relationship would be a long term commitment.

Interested?

Jah Lush Wrote:

> If a girl ever calls you "nice" or "cute" then you

> can forget about shagging her.

Lol, very true. Not because "nice" in itself is bad, but if I really like a guy I can find something much more specific to say about them than they are "nice"... nice is just a bland word that doesn't really tell you anything much - kind of damning with faint praise.

And cute... well, teddy bears and kittens are "cute", not men I fancy.

Peckhamgatecrasher Wrote:

> MP, I currently go through a Bic lighter about

> every 3-4 weeks. Are they of any use to you?

>

> I have been saving also milk bottle tops since

> Val/John and Peter told me to, circa 1970. I have

> enough for a pack of guide dogs or fleet of life

> boats, but if you have a nobler use, they are

> yours.

>

> Can't think why I'm a spinster.

Is "Spinster" still a valid word in the 2008 Oxford New English Dictionary ?

I am sad for this thread has uncovered a whole flock of 'special needs' residents of East Dulwich that need to be looked after this Christmas less they do themselves an injury with a sharp piece of lettuce or something of that ilk.

Maybe PeckhamDateCrasher and MP can combine Matchsticks and Milk Bottle tops to make a shelter for these unfortunate people.

Remember people, your "Special Needs Friends" on this forum aren't just for Christmas, with any luck you can still enjoy their strange antics well into the New Year.... >:D<

Tillie

You are worse then Moo's at trying to start Rumours that have no foundation in truth

Still...... it does make for good gossip, keep it up

And I guess if they are both red-heads then the choice of hats gets harder too, nothing that clashes with the blushing bride now.

Maybe with the concept of 'Nice' being used to describe men who are 'less then interesting' maybe we should rename this to "Are there any 'interesting' single people in East Dulwich ? Can we also have one entitled "are there any WEIRD Single People in ED?"

(Edited because I forgot to Proof Read)

Moos Wrote:

> I never!

>

> And it's Moos. Are you a grocer, Luv?

My dearest Moos, A thousand apologies for my earlier insult, I will embark on a course of self flagellation with barbed wire as a result of insulting your good name, nay Madam I will go further and cut off the item that caused me to offend thee so and smote the very keyboard that drove me to type such a denigration of thy good self.

Let me now never utter your name incorrectly again without wincing from the pain caused by the barbed wire scars on my back and the sight of a smashed and desolate keyboard in the corner of my room, for to insult thee thus again is akin to shattering a small child?s dreams of Christmas by revealing that Father Christmas is in deed a mythical person.

In answer to your question, no but when I was a younger man, I was indeed the manager of a grocers, but now I work with the business community to represent them.

Luv

PS Actually worried now as I am starting to enjoy the pain of the barbed wire?. Is that wrong ?

Don't you mean they're breaking point?

HB, I feel the love has been lost between us. If you can't even get on board and synergise with my grammar and spelling strategies, I am ready to move on and find my next virtual toy-boy.

*looks around*

*the Forum cowers*

LuvPeckham, I am thoroughly alarmed. What do you mean about Father Christmas? My mummy told me he was real and the big boys were just being horrid.

So sorry to hear about your barbed wire scars. Do you feel, however, that in the quest for a lovely emc or a charming crispy that manly barbed-wire scars might be a help to the cause? Just trying to see the positive side for you there.