Dumped cars

Anon

I didn't realise a legally parked car could cause so much offense .

Funny how someone moaning about the price of milk here http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?20,209409 gets banned.

Whereas the righteous upstanding citizens of ED here, advocating vandalism, theft of a car, even providing helpful tips on how to do it.

Got to love the hypocrisy.....

Could be your paranoia Bob.

Seriously though, isn't discussing publicly on a forum about stealing or damaging someone elses legal property slightly wrong?

I am sure if it was my car being discussed like this I would be annoyed and if I returned and it was damaged, it wouldn't be a short step to look here for the culprit.

To Anon, here's a controversial suggestion, why not just leave it alone and mind your own business.

;-)

Hi,

We had a van fully taxed, motc'd and insured. We used it for charity shows to help the less fortunate in various parts of England. We did the show's for free. Last year we only had two shows as all others were cancelled due to the weather. The cost of keeping the van on the road was tremendous. At one point the van stood for six months unused. I would like to think that this is an area where if a vehicle is legal and all duties have been paid it should be left alone.

I think it is very sad for people to suggest 'Hot Wiring' and other means as you do not know the circumstances of the owner. Further, I also believe that suggesting it is a criminal offence as you become a party to the offence. If a vehicle is damaged and a complaint is made to the Police they can, by law, order the Administrator to disclose the discriminating postings author.

Regards,

Libra Carr.

to quote the above:

"I would like to think that this is an area where if a vehicle is legal and all duties have been paid it should be left alone."

-completely agree, its not your road, leave them alone. No one in their right mind would abandon a taxed merc in the street. Not everyone drives every day, especially in London.

if they do come and park in your DRIVE, then all the other above comments valid.

Ok, Ok... I never meant to imply that I would actually do anything illegal about this, and am well aware that this is just a petty grievance, slightly inconvenient for us is all it is, I know I know; but if I knew that I wasn't going to use my car for a while I would try to park it somewhere that wouldn't inconvenience someone else. I tend to move my own car after a couple of days from outside someone else's property if another space becomes available. And I think it's great that not everyone drives in London every day, but 7 weeks is quite a long time and I'm just beginning to wonder whether perhaps it has been abandoned and whether it's possible to get it moved on. That's all.

For 2 months, there was a car parked outside my front door with a flat tyre and a non-local parking permit. I called ED cop shop (as was fed up with parking my 2 small children up the road) and was told that if it had a valid tax disc it could park where it liked... didn't even bother to check if it had been stolen, which I found a bit odd. A couple of weeks ago I came across two policemen perusing the makeshift car lot at the end of my road (Ryedale) and asked them if they'd take a look. It hadn't been stolen but was registered to someone in SW9 so a bit odd. They said that if it turned out that the owner had form, they would get it moved. Hey presto it was gone the next day. Not a great deal of help to you unless you have a couple of friendly rozzers walking past but there you go...

-=Mike=- Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I didn't realise a legally parked car could cause

> so much offense .

>

> Funny how someone moaning about the price of milk

> here

> http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?2

> 0,209409 gets banned.

> Whereas the righteous upstanding citizens of ED

> here, advocating vandalism, theft of a car, even

> providing helpful tips on how to do it.

>

> Got to love the hypocrisy.....

Mike, that other thread was "lounged" because the original poster was fraudulent, and trying to spread rumours. This thread had received some rather over-the-top (and possibly not-entirely-serious) responses, but I fail to see the similarity.

Anon, I can totally understand how frustrating it must be to have a car parked in front of your house for weeks on end, especially as you have a disabled relative. I wonder if you could ask for a disabled bay in your street if you don't have one? There are two bays in our street, and it's not a particularly long road.

I do think Libra has a valid point - surely reporting it as possibly stolen so that it could be re-united with it's owner is preferable to breaking the law? With regards to a few of the other replies on here, unless the car is 30 feet long, there should be a space in front or behind the offending vehicle that should do the trick until the vehicle moves!