New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham

Message added by Administrator,

Due to this topic being excessively long, a new 2024 "New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham" has been opened here. Please continue the discussion there.

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It is a complete nightmare. Non stop lorries all

> day.

>

Fox, that is just totally untrue!

Unless they all come via Whateley Road and then do a u-turn outside your house so that they don't get as far down as mine :))

Sue

Next door but one is having ?200'000. Worth of work done

The entire house I adds has been removed 40 skips changed every 2 3 days since June

Has now quiets down the place has been gutted

There have been 2 loft extns opposite

They drive passed you place in seconds you are hArdly

likely to notice them

The lorries are outside all day from 7.30 am

Absolutely - people drive and go and have a look at the market and some shops and maybe a pub. You know supporting local businesses But you know 'some people'want the lane like it used to be, Icealand, a little record shop and some indian restaurants before all the blow ins ete etc etc etc etc. Just ignore them.

Jeremy Wrote:

> You might as well blame your mates who have moved

> out of the area, and sold their houses for fat

> stacks (yo)

Interesting angle Jeremy... why not blame 'right to buy' and greedy West Indians for cashing in and making Brixton the land of 'Champagne & Fromage' - rather than the blow ins?

Time doesn't stand still. Who wants vibrant neighborhoods with local characters and gritty working class London reality when you can make everywhere in London overly expensive, well educated, pretentious and socially homogenised en mass. These crazy poor people wanting to live and buy in the place they were born in, absolute nutters. Totally unreasonable.

Louisa.

We've still got local characters. You and Fox, for a start! Always there to brighten up the day!

If I'm honest, not all the changes in the area suit me either, and there are things I miss from 10-15 years ago. But what's the point in banging on about it? People come, people go. Places change. The majority of recent-ish arrivals are not pretentious, just people who want to live in London and have found an area they can afford which has a bit of green space and a few pubs and stuff.

The market is not a new thing...

As I understand, back in the day. Not sure how far back.

There was a market from Lordship Lane right up to Crystal Palace Rd.

So I've been told.

Presumably there was not a parking problem back then.

And then shops on Upland Rd up to Barry Rd.

Indeed my shop was at 13 Upland rd. 1993.

Now 2 flats

So Foxy was indeed instigative of the first phase of regeneration.

DulwichFox

Fox there was a market nearly the entire length of the street. But it was a proper market selling everything in those days.

Jeremy I am not sure if I'm a character or not but I have been told I resemble Joan Collins younger sister in certain poor lighting. Her name escapes me.

Louisa.

I went to Yama Momo tonight. This is important. I went there, sat down and ate. I didn't "just pop in" as every cunt has it on twitter. They have some nice cocktails and decent whisky list. Food was okaaay. A credible mid-range Japanese option. RIP Inside 72 for I still crave thee.

Dessert at Franklins.

Louisa Wrote:

> Fox there was a market nearly the entire length of

> the street. But it was a proper market selling

> everything in those days.

A Local market... for Local people...

???? Wrote:

> Non pascentur, quod troglodytarum

Nil desperandum Johanes*

*Roy Kinnear C1986