goose green fence

nancysmum

nancysmum Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> it wasn't that bad!

oh it was. I reckon if they had put one in that was similar to the surrounding fence in the first place there wouldn't have been so much of a hoo-haa.

Mark Wrote:

> nancysmum Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > it wasn't that bad!

>

> oh it was. I reckon if they had put one in that

> was similar to the surrounding fence in the first

> place there wouldn't have been so much of a

> hoo-haa.

xxxxxx

Yep, absolutely agree

Oh yes it was! Oh no it wasn't etc. Nothing like a bit of EDF panto. For the record, I liked it. I'm sure that those that didn't will accept that it's an aesthetic thing, that it's subjective. There should be an acknowlegement of genuinely held views by those that thought it looked okay. And for every detractor there's probably a supporter. I accept that my taste has already been called into question having painted my front door lilac on the advice of AllForNun, only to be admonished by Moos for not sticking with the correct ED shade of olive.

Xackly, p_in_ed - glad you took it to heart and are appropriately chastened. AFN to tell you the right shade for an ED door? What were you thinking?

On topic - er - I agree with the spirit of respect for others' points of view.. and here's mine. I'd have supported the retention of the fence if it worked. Even though it was ugly. But it didn't work, and GG does look a bit better without it. Sadly, it remains an unsafe place for small children and an unsavoury prospect for a picnicker.

well really your doors should be liberal demokraut orange !

as for " i thought it looked ok...." i kind of really really want to see how big the gap between you ankle and your trouser bottom is, i reckon about 7inches with just a little bit of leg flesh above the khaki sock before the hem of the trouser bottom.

OK ? christ on a dutch bike it was not ok !

The fence was not pants it was more like bollox than pants, and i would rather not live with a fence although if i had stuff to get rid of then it would be pretty usefull, but then again i would be jepordising my terms getting into that game again. Anyway it gone, should never have arrived in the first place, was a great waste of money, an embarressment for the whole of ED, a terrible design, badly planned, badly delivered and a right council balls up. It's not subjective because people with that kind of appalling taste should have their subjectivity confiscated or already have it confiscated and work for the council ! Lets cut all the trees down and replace them with bendy lights...why not !!

• 2 weeks later...
Played football in Goose green this morning. Careful to avoid a large pile of dog shit we moved. Not long afterwards the football was covered in shit as well as son's shoes.The phrase"most dog walkers clean up after dog" doesn't mean a great deal when covered in dog shit I am afraid.

How about you get a small reasonable size dog area at a reasonable cost, like the one that serves the center of Nunhead Lane on the little green there, it can go up in the top right corner. I suspect that it would be far to 'inner city' for the tastes of ED Hamlet.

nancysmum Wrote:

> has anyone noticed how the green really smells of

> poo now? Almost as bad as the corner of adys road

> which really honks!

The kids playground doesn't smell that bad...

Here's a short passage from a very useful website that gives all the low-down arising from doggy owners, and walkers, who through their indiscriminate, and inconsiderate, conduct do not pick up after their dogs, but walk away ignoring their dog's doggy-poo deposits. Basically, it says the fox ain't to blame for deposits on the Green.

If the fox is also a carrier, surely dogs can?t be

blamed for toxocariasis?

The fox is considered to be a significant host for T. canis

in the UK and, therefore, the presence of foxes needs

to be taken into account when control of toxocariasis is

being considered. However, foxes will not defecate in open

spaces, and the debate that states that toxocariasis in

humans is as much due to foxes as dogs is misleading.

It is believed that the majority of infections arise from

parks and play areas where foxes would not defecate.

For more information on doggy-poo, visit the following website:

http://www.encams.org/uploads/publications/dogfoul.pdf