Aircraft noise -

lparsons

Sweptwind Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm curious. For those bothered by aircraft, what

> conditions (if any) would have to be met for a

> Heathrow runway 3 to be acceptable?

There are absolutely no acceptable conditions.

Heathrow is in the wrong location!

Flying over millions of people is no longer acceptable.

Let's grow a pair and look forward to the next 100 years build a new hub airport!

No noise this morning !! Easterly winds !! Yes ! :-))))))))

Now I understand why I slept until 08:45 and not woken-up at 05:30 ! Just a shame easterly winds don't happen more often. And why did they build bloody Heathrow at the west side of the city ???????

toto Wrote:

> No noise this morning !! Easterly winds !! Yes !

> :-))))))))

> Now I understand why I slept until 08:45 and not

> woken-up at 05:30 ! Just a shame easterly winds

> don't happen more often.

And why did they build bloody Heathrow at the west side of the city ???????

because...

In 1930, British aero engineer and aircraft builder Richard Fairey paid the Vicar of Harmondsworth ?15,000 for a 150-acre plot to build a private airport to assemble and test aircraft. Complete with a single grass runway and a handful of hastily erected buildings, Fairey?s Great West Aerodrome was the humble precursor to the world?s busiest international airport, Heathrow.

During World War II the government requisitioned land in and around the ancient agricultural village of Heath Row....

more.. http://www.heathrow.com/company/company-news-and-information/company-information/our-history

DulwichFox

• 5 weeks later...

I agree fabfor - LHR is not at full capacity despite what they tell us.

For example, since BA took over the runway take-off/landing slots of now defunct British Midland it hasn't been able or maybe willing to use them all. Recently I read that BA is cancelling partially full flights which poor punters have already booked in a deliberate policy to protect it's slot allowance. Apparently they must use something like 80% of their allocated slots or lose them; they pretend to use them all but when the qualifying figure on slot use is reached they know that they can cancel flights without penalty.

For BA it could be that the slots are at the wrong times for the destinations they travel to.

To be clear, what I am saying is that LHR is not full and could be more efficiently used. Of course, more capacity in SE England will be needed eventually and in my view, all governments are short sighted and are only self-interested in the 5 year term, so it's 100% certain to be at LHR.

For those under the current flightpath there will never be any respite, it'll only get worse.

I think there are also planes flying over Dulwich into London City. They are nearer their destination and therefore lower and more noisy. If you notice, they fly east rather than west, and they are too low to be circling waiting for clearance to LHR

Joylo Wrote:

> I think there are also planes flying over Dulwich

> into London City.

The flights into city only pass over ED when the Heathrow flights are on westerly operations.

If they didn't there would be potential for collisions.

90% of flights over ED are Heathrow.

Look at the flight path app or online flight maps.

Heathrow is the most ridiculous option where humanity is concerned.

I know I've said this before somewhere but we need a radical solution like the so called 'Boris Island' or Thames Hub option.

No more planes going over London(remember what it was like when all the planes were grounded because of the volcano?), Gatwick and Heathrow completely redeveloped to pay for it and provide much needed housing to the west and south of London, direct fast transport links, including from Herne Hill by the looks of it.

There's too much money involved in retaining the status quo to the detriment of the majority and the advantage of a minority for it to happen but it seems to make so much sense to me

• 3 weeks later...

Abe_froeman Wrote:

> I can't see that happening ED oldie - they've just

> spent billions linking Heathrow to central London

> via cross rail!

All the more reason to redevelop it for housing. Both Gatwick and Heathrow (in particular) have very good transport links. And think of the noise improvement over London itself. We get a plane going over our house in East Dulwich low just before six EVERY BLOODY MORNING!!Don't know which airport it's going into but it would be lovely to lose it. Even at a cost of billions!

DulwichFox Wrote:

> No one who has ever flown to an holiday

> destination has the right to complain about

> aircraft noise...

>

> DulwichFox.

Using that logic. "no one who has ever used a car can complain about getting knocked down and killed by a car."

DulwichFox keep taking the prescription medication it's making you hysterical.

Lol :) ;(

fazer71 Wrote:

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > No one who has ever flown to an holiday

> > destination has the right to complain about

> > aircraft noise...

> >

> > DulwichFox.

>

> Using that logic. "no one who has ever used a car

> can complain about getting knocked down and killed

> by a car."

>

> DulwichFox keep taking the prescription medication

> it's making you hysterical.

>

> Lol :) ;(

Wouldn't the direct comparison to be hit by a crashing airplane.

(touch wood as this is actually entered as a risk for datacenters :))

fazer71 Wrote:

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > No one who has ever flown to an holiday

> > destination has the right to complain about

> > aircraft noise...

> >

> > DulwichFox.

>

> Using that logic. "no one who has ever used a car

> can complain about getting knocked down and killed

> by a car."

>

> DulwichFox keep taking the prescription medication

> it's making you hysterical.

>

> Lol :) ;(

I dont think Noise and being killed are compareable..

I doubt very much Fazer that whatever medication you may be on, it would not be available on prescription.

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

> I dont think Noise and being killed are

> compareable..

>

> I doubt very much Fazer that whatever medication

> you may be on, it would not be available on

> prescription.

>

> DulwichFox

Unfortunately there's as yet no medication which can cure me of idiotic people.

Let's be clear I am not comparing Noise with being Killed!

I am comparing your insane logic.

If you still don't understand let's accept that is further proof of your need for serious help medical or otherwise.