Aircraft noise -

lparsons

geh Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> constant planes right now. It never used to be

> like this! I don't sleep with my windows closed I

> have them open. The sooner Boris is PM and builds

> the estuary airport the better!!

Well first the Tories have to win the General Election and then wait 5 years for Boris to become party leader

and the Tories win the election in 2020 ??

And any way it would probably take 10 - 15 years to build if it ever went ahead.

... and Boris would have more important things to worry about. Like who to have a War with. ??

All Prime Ministers have to have Their own war.

DulwichFox

here it is - Nov 2014 Dulwich Society e-newsletter

Dulwich Society eNews No. 13 ?November 2014

London City Airport and proposed controversial flight path changes: The London Assembly has

called on London City Airport to re-consult on its plans to concentrate its flight paths. The LCA is

planning to concentrate its flights paths in and out of the airport but has refused to leaflet or hold

public meetings in the areas affected, it has simply put technical information on its website. Dulwich

is amongst the areas that will be affected by the likely increase in flight frequency and consequent noise.

• 2 weeks later...

As Per Other Aircraft NOISE threads on this forum.

The Aircraft over ED DV and WD has increased as Heathrow have narrowed the flight path which was previously over the Thames and Canary Warf Bermondsey etc IE further North.

As the flight path has narrowed and moved south WE are now DIRECTLY under the Heathrow flight path and aircraft start to fly over from 5.30 am.

There was a public meeting in Brockley with Heathrow representatives which confirmed a huge increase in complaints since the changes were implemented.

Having lived in the area all my life and having sat in the same garden all my life I can confirm prior to 2011 there were NO low flying aircraft over ED.

Further there have been changes to Jet engines which makes the current design prone to a high pitched whistle in certain atmospheric conditions which will drive the noise downward as the slow and it?s at a level which can become noticeable to some people more than others. Double glazing makes little difference as the pitch isn?t contained through DG and Glass.

Those who don?t hear the aircraft are often buffered by the position of buildings and the sound doesn?t reflect others may find the noise is increased due to the same factors living at the rear of a building for example.

There is no solution I have tried ear plugs of every type but after 4 hours they become painful and I wake up anyway noise machines which produce white noise don?t work as the jet frequency isn?t masked.

I have become used to the noise to some degree and accept there is little I can do but there are mornings where the combination of atmospheric conditions and intense concentration of flights and the time between them becomes unbearable so I get up and go for a run.

The upside is I am now fitter than at any point in my life but I must get to bed pretty early as I wake up at 5.30 6.00 am almost every day.

Meditation is worth a try, it has also helped me.

We live in an insane world where having a problem OTHERS don?t have or notice, is a problem ? for them ? bizarre !

Well put fazer.

Quite why people who don't find it an issue need to join the thread and chastise those who it does effect, I don't know.

It's a significant problem in the way in can affect people day to day, and as someone who's been in East Dulwich for 10 years plus, it's most definitely worsened.

Penguin68 Wrote:

> Concorde used to fly over our house, around 6:00

> in the evening as I recall, such a beautiful

> sight, certainly forgave it every decibel as it

> went over (and that was loud)

Spot on 6.00pm

Foxy

Penguin68 Wrote:

> Concorde used to fly over our house, around 6:00

> in the evening as I recall, such a beautiful

> sight, certainly forgave it every decibel as it

> went over (and that was loud)

I agree.

It was an absolute pleasure to watch it. What a beautiful shape.

fazer71 Wrote:

> Several morons on here really didn't help.

People just enjoyed winding you up because you were rude and called people morons for asking innocent questions, so they responded in kind. It was mildly ammusing.

Indeed. And complaining about aircraft noise in London is like complaining about the sea being wet.

Otta Wrote:

> fazer71 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Several morons on here really didn't help.

>

>

> People just enjoyed winding you up because you

> were rude and called people morons for asking

> innocent questions, so they responded in kind. It

> was mildly ammusing.

I rest my case.

Morons.

edcam Wrote:

> Indeed. And complaining about aircraft noise in

> London is like complaining about the sea being

> wet.

>

> Otta Wrote:

> -----

> > fazer71 Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > Several morons on here really didn't help.

> >

> >

> > People just enjoyed winding you up because you

> > were rude and called people morons for asking

> > innocent questions, so they responded in kind.

> It

> > was mildly ammusing.

edcam Wrote:

> Indeed. And complaining about aircraft noise in

> London is like complaining about the sea being

> wet.

>

The OP wasn't "complaining about aircraft noise in London".

S/he was asking whether there had been a change in flight paths.

And in any case, whilst nothing can be done about the sea being wet, there are various ways in which aircraft noise in London could potentially be reduced.

I can't undertand why some people on here get so upset when the subject of aircraft noise is raised. If you don't want to discuss it, or think other people shouldn't be discussing it, why do you bother clicking on the thread in the first place?

Otta Wrote:

> That's why Sue. It's entertainment from the Hulk.

Otta making noise and adding nothing of value quality or interest to this thread.

Troll would be an accurate description of your inane posting, but I thought moron would be kinder a less inflammatory.

Keep taking the hemorrhoid suppositories with your bed time coco they will eventually fix you. ;)