Is it true? (message from Admin) (Lounged)

halal_face

This message is by the same person who posted on the forum as Felicity Normal, postmodern and moving2dulwich. They were banned but have come back to stir things up. Needless to say they have been banned again, please report this any flaming or inciteful messages immediately. Their racist comments (which have been removed) will be passed to the police, Internet Service Provider and the relevant internet authorities - The Administrator

I was directed to this Forum by a local lad who told me 'you won't believe what goes on on there.' So here I am. I've heard rumours of racism and all sorts of things on this Forum and that anyone who speaks out about the racism gets banned from the forum. I'd love to find out what the real deal is and whether the forum accurately reflects East Dulwich as a neighbourhood!

Judging by the posts you have made so far halal_face, you appear have joined with an agenda

If you see anything racist, use the "report this message" link underneath the offending message. Administrator takes a dim view of racism (see his terms of use below)

You have thrown some serious allegations out, right off the bat. Do you think the people who have been banned may have been banned for using racist language?

FORUM TERMS OF USE

Having said that, please don't post anything that you know is wrong, by all means, for example if you have had a bad experience with a local company or service, please tell us all about it, but do not post anything which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening or illegal. If you post something on here you are liable for its consequences. Postings should where possible be based on fact, made in good faith, published without malice and of interest to East Dulwich. The management reserves the right to act as they see appropriate in order to deal with these and other situations and this includes the fact that (highlighted for emphasis) The management reserves the right to refuse entry.

Hello halal_face,

Who told you this? this is a friendly forum for friendly people. I have been posting here for a while now and I haven't encountered racism. I am still a noob and everybody has been friendly towards me, there have been a few discussions about it but I haven't encounterd outright racism or undertones of racism. There have been instances where it has been brought up and people have questioned the validity of such claims, The only people ive seen banned recently were upsetting other posters with outrageous and derogatory posts about people and the community in East Dulwich.

Have a look around and you will see it's a friendly informative fun place and its full of all sorts of people.

You've been misinformed I'm glad to say, Halal_face. There are 1000's of people registered on this forum - the vast majority of regular contributors are friendly, funny, informed and intelligent. Unfortunately, like any free public forum you also get people who are looking to get a rise out of people, or are none of the above. Stick around and you will see for yourself

Welcome

Bloody hell, they don't give up... What is the point?

Dear Future Trolls -

The EDF is a fantastic, lively forum full of different people from different walks of life with different viewpoints. That is what makes it work - there is always something to talk about and we all have one common goal - to get to know each other and better our community.

If you take the time to read through the threads, you will find there are discussions that range from debates about politics to conversations about music, football and what to make for dinner. In the lounge, there are even games being played (word association, limerick creating and that music game thingy just to name a few). Poetry, books, and movies are always being discussed.

As East Dulwich has many families there is an active family room that allows people to discuss schools, find playgroups, nannies, hospitals, midwives and ask questions about immunisations, breastfeeding, childrens books, birthing pools, kid-friendly pubs, so on and so forth. It is a wealth of invaluable answers and advice to first time parents, experienced parents, grand parents and basically anyone who asks for it.

We discuss the latest gossip about East Dulwich, traffic conditions, property prices, road works, planning issues, small businesses, new businesses, mean businesses, mean bacons sandwiches, and other seemingly mundane things, but things that affect our community. We are brought together by terrible things like fatal shootings, dog attacks, muggings, stabbings, car accidents, burglaries, and long queues at the organic butchers. We look out for one another and we care about our community.

We are torn apart by aggression and insults of racism which perhaps exist due to the wide range of opinions, but are in no way the predominant tone of the forum. However, racism does happen and like the rest of the world, when it takes place, we try to clarify, educate, persuade and understand why. Like life, we are not nice and polite all of the time, we too have off days and say nasty things, argue incessantly, quarrel like children, whinge and pick on other forum user's spelling, syntax, grammar and typos.

The EDF comprises people from East Dulwich, West Dulwich, Dulwich Village, Forest Hill, Sydenham, Peckham, Nunhead, (whisper it) Clapham, Singapore, China and where ever else there are people willing to join. There are many different personalities that make up the forum and we don't all agree all the time - we are chavs, lawyers, gays, mums, naval submariners, English, Irish, South African, Japanese, Americans, black, white, blue, red, poppies, daisies, lotus and yes, even a wolf.

The EDF allows people to know what is going on in a vibrant and changing area, it is a happy, social forum and most of all, it is a welcoming forum. So why don't you join us?

Best,

-C

Edited for gross typos that even I couldn't live with !

Haha racist? really? do those claiming to be "effected" know the meaning? ::o

"racism"

(I know it's Wiki but hey ho...)

To the original poster - I don't recall reading anywhere on this forum ANYONE saying "I have purple/green/red etc coloured skin and I'm better than anyone else who is not the same as me" So how can the forum be racist? Are you not bringing racist views in to the forum unnecessarily?

Sorry, I know the aim of such comments and threads (by suggesting, based on no facts what so ever, forumites are racist) is to instigate arguments and such but really things like that really get me (6)

*Edited to make points directed at the correct people more clearer

We could also mention that a large portion of the users of this forum meet up on a monthly basis for drinks and extend an open invitation to all. There are also many other smaller social gatherings of different sorts arranged through the forum which are also open to all. So before spewing forth unfounded bile why not come and get to know who the people who live around you really are.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We could also mention that a large portion of the

> users of this forum meet up on a monthly basis for

> drinks and extend an open invitation to all. There

> are also many other smaller social gatherings of

> different sorts arranged through the forum which

> are also open to all. So before spewing forth

> unfounded bile why not come and get to know who

> the people who live around you really are.

Because this person is a bit strange and prefers to wind people up, create alter-egos, and be generally annoying. I don't think they have any interest in meeting people, participating in sensible conversation, or normals things like that.

Cassius Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So does this mean that the Lordship Lane Lothario

> doesn't exist? Goodness that's a relief, I'll be

> able to look men in the eye again (tu)

Sorry to disappoint but they do exist. No point worrying about it since I am sure most of the ladies in Dulwich will probably not have to encounter their naughty ways!