Is Homeopathy a sham?......... yes

LRon Hubble

bn5 Self awareness to go see a psychaitrist, you no doubt can give a chemical breakdown on the ssri's that also can be explained in similiar detail to your cure for asthma. No there not my herbs, although will have my mullein plant in bloom soon, very good for asthma by the way. I agree as I.ve said in early posting physical and psycological cannot be seperated in any illness, to recognise how you feel mentally and what it is doing to you physically does not make the illness not real.

bnf I've just realised same initials as the British National Formula, doctors drug book, your description for Jeremys asthma cure sure sounds like it, now I remember why I got into herbs but saying that Its always been a part of my culture.

Psychological factors, if you read my posts properly, I have agreed on in the context of psycholgical components of illness and the wider concept of hollistic care - but a calming chat and a mullein plant will do dick all for status asthmaticus. a time and a place.

And the BNF remark - seriously? Now I remember why I can't have a sensible discussion on this topic - those in the other corner aren't up to it.

BN5 out.

I don't actually have a problem with herbal medicines... I'm quite happy to believe that ingesting or applying an active ingredient can have medicinal effects. Homeopathy is quite different to herbal medicince though, as far as I know.

I just read the wikipedia page on homeopathy.

The guy who invented it noticed that the bark used to treat malaria gave the same symptoms as malaria, so concluded that all treatments need to be based on the same symptoms as the disease they were seeking to cure - that was an extensive study!

Then he decided that the best treatment was to dilute these ingredients by as much as the equivalent of a pinch of salt in both the Pacific and Atlantic oceans - so now they don't produce the same symptoms as anything.

I can't believe anyone actually believes something so illogical could actually cure anything and even more astonishingly expects the NHS to include this sh!t in their funding.

I was unaware until just now exactly how diluted these stupid cures are - to have something with no active molecules of anything in it and call it a cure should be prosecutable under some knd of trade description or advertising standards Act!

Fools and their money, easily parted!

• 1 month later...
I have to admit I've used homeopathetic remedies in the past, but having recently read Bad Science by Ben Goldacre I have to admit I won't be spending my money on them in the future. I'd rather buy a nice bag of sweets than waste my money on sugar pills.

Panadol always works , you just just to vary the level taken. ( nb , whats on the box is sooooo not enough )

anything else is just flash packaging and big commission cheques

I am qualified to make this statement on account of

I Like Trucks ( and 4 bottles of Lech )

Just in case anyone is thinking of following BigPhil's medical advice, it's worth knowing that the doses given on the box of paracetamol are not there just to annoy or decorate the box, but because they are the maximum safe amounts to take over 24 hours. The lowest potentially fatal dose of paracetamol is only 150mg/kg body weight over 24 hours if you're completely fit and well, or half that (75mg/kg) if you take certain medications or drink alcohol regularly. In addition, staggered overdose, where the pills are taken over a period of time not all at once, can be more dangerous.

The most common reason for liver transplant in this country now is paracetamol overdose (take a moment to digest that fact, it's a shocker) and some of those overdoses were accidental, people who thought it was ok to ignore what it said on the packet.

Also, there is no medical evidence that higher doses of paracetamol give better pain relief. Quite the opposite in fact, high doses of paracetamol can cause headaches and nausea.

Sometimes safety warnings are there, you know, for you safety.

Hi PeckhamRose,

-What she did not explain, however, is how animals benefit from homeopathy.

-Which, apparently, they do.

-Heard several stories from farmers who use it on sheep and cows.

The answer is in your question, "apparently they do"..... and "I've heard stories"

remember that we are animals too!

LRon

LRon Hubble Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi PeckhamRose,

>

> -What she did not explain, however, is how animals

> benefit from homeopathy.

> -Which, apparently, they do.

> -Heard several stories from farmers who use it on

> sheep and cows.

>