Has There Been A Defining Moment In Your Life?

Tony.London Suburbs

When I was a full time Musician 15 years ago I was a 24 hour party person, women drugs and booze were the order of the day. when my daughter was born I stopped all the drugs no more womanising and I enrolled at a college to study computer science. that was a defining moment for me, from that point on I haven't looked back it has changed my life. Nothing is unobtaiable and anything is possible if you try hard enough.

Mikecg Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When I was a full time Musician 15 years ago I was

> a 24 hour party person, women drugs and booze were

> the order of the day. when my daughter was born I

> stopped all the drugs no more womanising and I

> enrolled at a college to study computer science.

Rock and Roll, Mike

Meeting the wrong girl

Meeting the right girl

My kids

My dad dying

My mates older brother who was a bit of a face at West Ham teling me to use my brains and go to university at a time when all my mates were leaving school at 16 and no-one in my family had ever been..

Declan Wrote:

> As TLS started this I think his input is required

> for starters!

Fair Enough!

My first "Defining Moment" was with a work colleague, Lynda, who I visited in my virginal state.

The intention and circumstances were supposed to be innocent , but as she, unexpectedly, caressed me,she made my male appendage and my heart swell, and both continued to grow as I debated what to do. That evening is frozen in my minds eye and I discovered the way forward after that.....up to that point "Subbuteo" had been my passion.

My Subbuteo Board that Dad, lovingly, made me, was cast aside forever....

Getting diagnosed with lymphoma in december and embarking on four months of chemotherapy, halfway through now and its all but gone, but has totally changed my out look on life and appreciate things i took for granted before, i will never think "it wont happen to me" ever again And it made me realize how strong my partner, family and friends are and how lucky i am.

but i have been so bored in hospital i have been on my lap top for ages and finally had tim to delve into the forum :)

Spark67 to reduce the boredom you might download books to your Ipod at a cheap rate from 'audible' who are cheaper than

anywhere else and you can sit or lie and listen, and if you nod off you can replay it.

This is particularly useful if you are reading a really 'chewy' book by Dickens or some other classic writer.

Get well soon Sparky.

I don't think I can honestly say I've had a defining moment in my life such as becoming a parent, buying a property or loosing a pension but I've had some special occasions/adventures.

Visiting an oil rig whilst at university. They're very intimidateing behemoths of Civil and marine engineering. Belly of the beast so to speak.

Riding the hook of a tower crane. Very stupid in hindsight but very drunk at the time.

Riding a Camel in Turkey.

Firing an automatic weapon. AK47 in Pakistan which cost me $40.

Getting laid 3 times in one week on an all inclusive on the Costas.

Shot a bear in Canada. This wasn't out of choice as the stupid animal had been crushed under an excavator. Very disturbing.

Thrashing my Yamaha R1 along the autobahn.

Magic mushrooms in Amsterdam.

strangely... well for me anyway, as I was rather taken aback by my reaction, hot air ballooning above the Kent countryside on a beuatiful summer's evening was quite a defining moment for me... sort of got it all in perspective (man's relationship with nature, the scale of importance of things in my life, how lucky I/we are, how amazing the English countryside can be, how important friends are and how with, one slip, your life could be over...

I would recommend it to anyone, I get vertigo pretty badly and I was fine, so if I can do it anyone can(tu)

http://www.frenchtowner.com/m/hot-air-balloon-ride.jpg

Reynard Wrote:

> Getting laid 3 times in one week on an all

> inclusive on the Costas.

Are we to surmise this was hitherto unknown, or that it was included with the full board?