Advanced Painters of Dulwich

advancedpainters

I've just had Brian and co sort out a leak stain on the stairwell ceiling. Very efficient, polite, good communication and a good job well done. He even sent me a video of the work done as I wasn't able to see it myself. Recommended.

You can get Brian on 07931 261 825

Brian has just done his second job for us, painting a new loft room and all down the stairs. The builders had left lots of damaged and uneven surfaces which have all disappeared. The finish is superb - the colour on the walls really glows! Thanks to Malachi for all his hard work and care.

• 4 weeks later...
Brian came and quoted mid August, by the end of August he had a team lined up to kick off and complete the work we needed in a weekend. All the team were professional and polite, delivered a great job and will certainly using them for further jobs, highly recommended.

I have had 10 house moves and experienced 10 different renovating teams over recent years and Advanced Painters are

head and shoulders above anyone who has ever worked on my property.

Brian's hand-picked team are very experienced and highly skilled, super-friendly and very flexible.

Their work is superb.

Brian, Vicky, Malachi, Glen, Ricky, Clifton and James...I salute you!

• 1 month later...

After over 10 years of letting my flat, I recently moved back in - and the whole place needed a redecoration. Advanced Painters did the entire interior and parts of the outside including the garden wall, repairing and restoring the pretty rotten meter boxes etc. It's a Victorian terrace and the whole of the outside will need doing for the next project (that's a little while away though Brian!)

Various bits like the outside work, fixign up the old fireplace, were added to the scope as we went along and this was all accomodated.

Malachi did most of the work, with a couple of others particularly for the outside work occasionally. It's a first rate job which has completely revitalised the flat. The finish is great and they even came back without complaint to touch up a couple of places where I damaged the paint moving furniture around afterwards.

I was quite happy leaving them the keys and letting them come and go and get on with it. I lived in the flat throughout and the work was carried out around me.

Proof that it was a good job was provided when my usually highly critical fiancee took a look after the work was completed, and declared it to be excellent. That's rare praise!

• 1 month later...

Last year, our neighbours contracted Advanced Painters to do external (and internal) painting of their home. They were very meticulous and hard working, and the result, looked great. So, when we needed external and internal painting done, we reached out to Brian.

He came by and spent a significant amount of time listening to our requirement, as well as doing a thorough inspection of the areas, taking detailed notes. He put together a detailed quote and worked with us to find suitable dates to do the work...and accommodating our request to do the work in stages throughout the summer and autumn.

On the first day of the works, Brian sent around a good sized team to do the prep work, which he supervised. From then on Malachi did most of the work. Malachi is very meticulous and detailed in his work. He works diligently on every detail, from prep to finish. Unlike many contractors, Malachi, and the others that came on site to help, were respectful of our house and kept things tidy...doing a pretty thorough tidy-up at the end of each day. The team always showed up, on time, and worked full days.

Brian also regularly came by to inspect and supervise, as well as helping out with various bits and pieces like installing a new letter slot for our door. He also supervised a thorough clean up of the site, once the works were done.

Overall the results are excellent - visitors often comment on how great the decoration looks. We are very pleased with the results.

The only "issue" we ran into: there were a few items on the quote that Brian gave us that he said he would do "free of charge"....however, when we delayed doing a couple of rooms until the New Year, he said he was not able to honour those items. A little bit disappointing...however, there were numerous items that came up during the work, that Brian and the team just sorted out and did not quibble about further charges.

So, even though Advanced Painters will not be the lowest cost quote you will receive, they are worth the extra investment. Highly recommend.

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to add another recommendation for Advanced Painters. Brian and his team completed the work quickly and it looks really beautiful, can't find fault anywhere. They painted 7 doors from scratch and all the skirting and architrave on two floors. They also painted our staircase a dark blue and all the lines against the white are impressively accurate! Will definitely use the again for any painting needs. Also worth mentioning that we have a baby and a four year old and they worked around us (not easy) - always polite and considerate. Many thanks

• 1 month later...
I would like to add yet another recommendation for Advanced Painters of Dulwich. Brian, Malachy and the team painted our hallway and staircases and did a fantastic job. They really take pride in their work and as a result the finish is excellent. On top of that they completed the work on time and on budget, cleaned up afterwards, and were polite and considerate at all times. We will definitely be using them again.

• 3 weeks later...
I would definitely recommend Brian and his team from Advanced Painters of Dulwich. They proved to be very professional, friendly, produced very good work and were able to undertake the work at short notice. I already have them lined up to undertake another job for me.

Just to add another recommendation for Brian and his team (I think Vicky did the work on our place). We needed our open plan stairs painting, but couldn't really leave the house while they dried. Brian offered a few solutions (painting alternate stairs, just one half etc), but managed to fit the work in while we were going to be away for a few days over Christmas.

Brian was really helpful advising us what types of finish might work, and giving us a range of colours to choose from.

The work was completed while we were away, with Brian keeping us up to date with progress. The stairs look brilliant - a really professional finish, and completely transform the house.

My boyfriend and I moved into our flat at the end of January, and wanted a couple of bedrooms, the sitting room and the hallway patched up a bit in places and redecorated. After looking at some of the reviews on here I got in touch with Brian at Advanced Decorators and he came round the very next day (which I should mention was a Sunday) to look at what needed doing and to give us a quote.

He was able to start much quicker than I was expecting, and throughout the process Brian,Vicky, and Malachi were absolutely great - they were incredibly polite, efficient and trustworthy as well as very careful of all of our belongings that were piled all over the place. We lived in the flat while they were working, and they worked around us as though it was no problem at all. Even though quite a lot of work needed to be done, they finished on time and even worked through the weekend to make sure it was all done when they said it would be.

Now that the job is completed, the flat looks incredible - the attention to detail and quality of the work is really obvious. I will definitely be getting in touch with Advanced Painters again to do the kitchen and bathroom in due course, and would recommend them to anyone in the area who wants some work done. They are brilliant!

Another great job, another recommendation for Advanced Painters of Dulwich!

Brian came today, [sunday], and completely rehung an old sash window, taking it right back, replacing the old

sash cords and ensuring all the paintwork and finish was of first class.

He is the nicest, most reliable person with the best team and goes out of his way to ensure the job is of the

highest standard.

So happy, again!

http://www.advancedpainters.co.uk/

• 3 weeks later...
They came to quote for painting work at mine recently. Gave a ridiculously long timescale to do the job and overinflated price. And they were late for the appointment which is never a good sign.i hadn't noticed quite how many of the 'recommendations' were first time posts or I wouldn't have bothered getting them round.

1maura Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They came to quote for painting work at mine

> recently. Gave a ridiculously long timescale to do

> the job and overinflated price. And they were

> late for the appointment which is never a good

> sign.i hadn't noticed quite how many of the

> 'recommendations' were first time posts or I

> wouldn't have bothered getting them round.

Mary, thank you for your professional opinion, I'm surprised you even called me around as you know so much about time scales and decorating work. Your budget was incredibly unrealistic, most of clients will pay me more that the competition to get my services, this is not unusual. In this thread alone I have recommendations from 20 clients who have a history of forum posts going back years, these are not first time posters, as you put it.

P.O.U.S.theWonderCat Wrote:

> I have to say I had a similar experience. They

> were far and away the most expensive quote for the

> job, coming in at several thousand pounds more

> than the person I ended up using.

Hi there,

I understand that everybody's budget is different ,therefore we have a credit option for clients.

You get what you pay for.

Indeed Brian. I had someone do an astonishingly good job for a fraction of the money you quoted.

I have to say I was taken aback when you followed up the enormous quote with the hard sell on finance. That isn't providing for different budgets - that's charging even more in the long run by putting someone into debt to afford your services.

As I said, you were THOUSANDS more than the person who did the job in the end. If I had checked the posting history of a significant proportion of people posting on this thread, I might not have wasted my time with getting you to quote.

P.O.U.S.theWonderCat Wrote:

> Indeed Brian. I had someone do an astonishingly

> good job for a fraction of the money you quoted.

>

> I have to say I was taken aback when you followed

> up the enormous quote with the hard sell on

> finance. That isn't providing for different

> budgets - that's charging even more in the long

> run by putting someone into debt to afford your

> services.

>

> As I said, you were THOUSANDS more than the person

> who did the job in the end. If I had checked the

> posting history of a significant proportion of

> people posting on this thread, I might not have

> wasted my time with getting you to quote.

FYI our affordable credit agreement is 0% interest there for the client only pays back the price of the project nothing more, in installments that suit their individual needs.