Google Streetview has arrived in the UK

ed_pete

I like it. Glad I didn't have the job of blurring all the faces and number plates. I saw one of tha cars last year around Eden Park they have a pole on top of the car about a metre or so high and then cameras facing in different directions taking simultaneous snaps.

Can't see what use it is to anyone except to show people what your house looks like but still good for a nosey.

Its quite amazing

My secretary has just looked at her house in Newcastle and her Dad is in the front garden looking at the "camera".

Just been for a "drive" down Frien Road - its incredible but I guess some people will have privacy issues. All number plates are hidden.

When you look at it from an adult perspective I think you'll agree that Google have missed out on a very attractive opportunity. Surely some 'Grand theft auto' gameplay could be added. You could do stuff like ram raid Mrs Robinson or take a Kalashnikov into Foxtons.

I found it by accident last year before I went to New York. I had been Googling a map of the area where I was staying and came across the street view. I knew there was a decent grocery store at the end of the road before I'd even got there!

It is useful in that way, but kind of ruins the surprise element of visiting somewhere for the first time.

Great idea!! points for how many organic joints you get from WR.....Can't see any other use for this but I bet everyone looks for their house!! just to let you know I'm taking down my nets today and WILL wash them..... and I will clear my front soon....

Not a particularly wonderful job done blurring number plates... okish on streets but drives you can even make out tax discs (ok I speak from one particular address). Not quite sure what the "report concern" button does... "does my bum look big in this?" *sighs*