It's official but it was inevitable.

bigbadwolf

It finally happened, Ray Mears T.V survival info was successfully executed in Malaysia and delivered 3 Brits from certain peril.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2322676.ece

Ray Mears is in my opinion a legend. Unlike that idiot Bear Grylls or social lunatic Bruce Parry when Ray is in danger or hungry he doesn't dive off a cliff or approach a doped up amazon cannibal, Ray calmly surveys the situation, relies on his experience and intuition to put food on the table and entertainment in our living rooms.

But you can't help but like Bruce Parry even if he is, undoubtedly, an utter loon!!

I like Ray, though my mate went to school with him and said he was a bit of a nob.

In fairness he's not really very charismatic is he, however he makes very interesting telly and clearly knows his stuff.

Oh don't get me wrong Mockney I find Parry's material very engaging even though he's often about to get himself into serious trouble or to quote Star Trek "To boldly go where no man has gone before" in term of 'experimenting which was horrifically demonstrated when he had his dick shoved back up into his body.

Ray Mears Socks One to Evolution

Charles Darwin?s theory of natural selection through the survival of the fittest was dealt a significant blow recently when 3 British tourists who wondered off, ill prepared into a hostile environment without telling anyone, actually survived.

For hundreds of thousands of years the human race has been slowly progressing due to the fact that people who climb up mountains before nightfall wearing only flip-flops and a Primark bikini normally do not posses the mental capacity to work out that rivers flow downhill and eventually end up in the sea. Now it appears that they may pick up this knowledge while flicking channels during the adverts in Corry.

?The most worrying thing about this development is not that the sedentary, media fuelled existence of westerners has lead to some of them actually learning something useful but rather the revenue we are going to loose from selling their possessions on ebay.? Said Maha Vajiralongkorn an adventure guide and undertaker from Bangkok.

Survivalists are clearly mentalists and you're about as likely to find me in the jungle as in the home end at the New Den but they escaped as they remembered that "if you follow a stream down stream you'll eventually get to the sea"...well fuck my old boots!

bigbadwolf Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> when Ray is in danger or hungry he doesn't dive

> off a cliff or approach a doped up amazon

> cannibal, Ray calmly surveys the situation, relies

> on his experience and intuition to put food on the

> table and entertainment in our living rooms.

I think Ray lives of his fat reserves for the first 2 weeks

The 3 brits are not survival experts - they are plain stupid.

They wear flip flops for a hike....a hike that takes them uphill .... that's just dumb

They wear shorts and then complain about being eaten by insects - tough, dress appropriately when you go on a hike.

They left the trail on their way back because it was too hard and then they got lost.

Lankawi is an inhabited island with a wildlife sanctuary - my guess is just walking down the hill (stream or not) would have brought them back to a beach, road, farm etc. ....

I find it befitting that this nonsense is written about in the favourite british trash tabloid.