> Shadowfax played in the uplands an cherry tree in

> the 1980s i hung out with yh and saw them plsy

> many times I knew them all well, so sad to hear do

> many have died, there was also another band at the

> same time in east dulwich they were all good

> friends Tony Redmond & Nigel hine who went on to

> form the tribute bank 'Think floyd' both too have

> sadly passed away,

Cripes, the story gets worse. Nigel Hine was also in Shadowfax for a short while. Another suicide. The curse of the Shads rolls on.

Happily the rhythm guitarist Ken is alive and well.

Look after yourself Ken

Hi Emma, I have great memories of band nights at the uplands, or going down the ups ! There were 3 bands shadowfax an nigels band can't remember name and they always jammed together, I remember us all going to the isle of shelly for a battle of the bands gig, and your dad tuning guitars of several

Of the young bands as they didn't know how to properly!!!

I was at Wilsons in Camberwell with Nigel Hine, sad to hear he committed suicide. I used to go to the Uplands and Palmerston (and also previoius to that the Magdela) and recall Shadowfax but cant remember seeing them play. I have seen Nigel play, was he in another local group called Tennis Shoes? Also does anyone know the surname of Darryl who also went to Wilsons?

• 7 months later...
hi emma i used to do the lights for shadowfax , walmer castle and asorted gigs all over ,great days they were ,i think phil played a beat up gibson sg , he had a radio mick type thing on his guitar which let him run around all over the place , he chased a girl in to the ladies once still playing ! and he had a loop tape echo effect , he was one mad guitarist but brilliant at the same time ,at one gig they turned the power off cant remember why , but tony the drummer said ya cant shut me up and carried on playing , i think thats when the pub boss when to set his dogs on us , we got out a bit sharpish really funny though ,id like to add more but my brain is still a bit fuzzy after all this time i hope your doin good

hello ,i was just going down memory lane and thought about shadowfax , i used to do the lights for them did the walmer castle peckham ,some gig at covent garden a dive pub in camden ,the pub boss was gonna set the dogs on us we got out a bit sharpish really funny though , and that pub at the back off peckham rye ,really good times ,they were a brilliant band ,brilliants songs ,think one song was called nobody listens to a nobody my fav , onamateapeir was another ,the russians are coming some off you know ,bloody sad about the ones that didnt make it this far , i hope martin is ok and kens still about

• 2 months later...
hi its nice to hear people still remember him, unfortunately i dont so its nice to hear stories, ive lots of photos of the band, from what ive heard i think the other band members have died too, thank you for replying and recognising my message, xx

HI Emma, Tony Churdh, churchie, is still around and in east dulwich i think, he is on my facebook as I found him and Mel Donavan who were all around and jamme with each other,

look for him on facebook, or if I can message him for you as he will be able to tell lots of stories just let me kmow

know the lads well, used to eat my house empty every week, miss Darryl and his cider lollies, still see churchy (best drummer,)and others including the "Girls"- still dancing on the table, meet now and again at club to relive and remember. anyone recall "Touchmenudger" also played in Uplands, we also have 60's, 70's nights, rock nights like we used to have in the Palmy, most of the boys still have their jean machine/Wrangler duds - some still fit in them nicely (you know who you are) Steve Waller at the Half Moon, Bible Classes, bucket of water fights at the Mag, blimey, I may as well start on about "jumpers for goal posts" next!

• 11 months later...

Hi, I started making a documentary about Shadowfax a couple of years ago, which I had to park up for a few reasons. I'm now picking up the project again to get Shadowfaxes story told, and to dedicate it to all those guitar hero's that tried but failed to overcome the exceses of life and what challenges being in band brings.

If anyone would like to contribute an interview, photos, film footage, or share a story then please get in touch with me.

[email protected]

Draft trailer

Tony - the drummer was attacked and hit his head on the pavement when he was knocked down, luckily he was not alone and rushed to hospital, he is thankfully well and still a great drummer, all the boys are sadly missed, but, some of their friends still play and more, still remember what great fun and talent they were, good and sad memories from those days, still worth remembering - thanks.