Stop picking daffodils from GG and Peckham Rye Park!!

Louisa

ok-maybe the link i made is somewhat tenuous, but i did say "some"-we are all materialistic even I- some irony here that your user name is ???? :-) Huggers I never said we should stop caring for our environment-I said this is an act of vandalism-as a result why not inform the police instead of a community warden who are sadly as useful as a chocolate radiator. Well done also to all the children around the world who were sponsored for Haiti-i didnt belittle their achievements or effoorts. Perhaps i was mistaken in thinking i would have got a better response on this forum-i wasnt expecting 100s of responses, but some discourse positive or negative would have been good. One can be concerned for Haiti one"s local area and daffodils-I just feel right now Haiti is more important.

Really really sorry if this has been answered already, am putting off serving up dinner to my starving family & getting a bit of grief so haven't read through whole thread. But have to ask whilst it's in my mind;

Is it considered OK to pick broken daffs? You know, the ones that have been knocked over by dogs or kids playing, or even a heavy rain shower? I sometimes do this on my early morning run, but always feel as if I'm doing something very bad. What's the form on this?

Thanks - need 'moral'guidance here!

• 2 weeks later...

Smiler Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There are some lovely purple crocuses at the Court

> Lane entrance to Dulwich Park.

They're great, aren't they?

And they come up so easily as well, roots 'n' all!

Have to agree with this too - usually Dulwich Park figures highly in this sort of ill-considered selfishness.

How is it that a substantial class of people who act as though the local roads and parks are their personal domain seem to have colonised our area??