Stop picking daffodils from GG and Peckham Rye Park!!

Louisa

ruffers Wrote:

Perspective.....?

Perspective? This is EXACTLY how the last World War started!:X...something deemed relatively trivial by some, in that case "invading Poland", suddenly degenerates into somethimg far more unpleasant.

Napoleon 1 said "L'Angleterre est une nation de Boutiquiers", now within 250 years we have become a Nation of Daffodil-nickers.

Its absolutely disgraceful.

Adam Smith won't be amused either.

lenk Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I regularly see ?well to do? folk sifting through

> bags left outside Charity Shops in ED, presumably

> filtering out anything of value to stick on eBay

> before the charity shops get hold of it ? there?s

> probably some inverse graph you could draw of

> affluence versus likelihood of taking things left

> out in public.

I suppose that's how you become affluent in the first place - there's a fine line between thrift and theft!

Can't be bothered reading the whole thread, but basically I am with Louisa's original point.

Oh, and Louisa, keep up the good work, as despite himself, I just don't think Sean can help himself but get wound up by you, and it is a constant source of entertainment to me (much as I luv ya Seany).

erm, i'm a mum, and i have a 3 wheeled pram, and yet i think it's wrong for people to pick daffs, wouldn't do it myself or let my children do it. so how does this fit with the fairly awful generalising going on on this thread? or should i simply not rise to the bait??

180176, click on Louisa's name in blue and read a few of her old posts before you decide if you should rise to it or not. I'd generally say no, you won't get anywhere, but it's very tempting and we all give in sometimes.

I dont think I said every single bugaboo owning yummy was responsible for the cutting of these daffs, but out of all the people I have seen doing it, they are all ladies and gents of a certain persuasion in my opinion.

Louisa.

Ted I have not yet but I have them made and will display them at some point this weekend, preferably when lots of men and women are off work walking around the parks with their kids. I plan on displaying some at Dulwich and Belair parks too (slightly off territory but does no harm).

Louisa.

Poor effort, Lou.

"I have them made"

then...

"they will probably be a cross between the dead or alive style but may contain a few..."

You've made them but you don't know what they might look like? I think you're fighting on too many fronts, here and your work's getting sloppy.