Stop picking daffodils from GG and Peckham Rye Park!!

Louisa

I know what they look like but you dont, so perhaps if I give too much away it will mean that you bypass my daff posters and go onto DulwichMums on the tree next door which would really p*ss me off!

bbw that is certainly an option for after this method has been tried and tested. In fact I hear DM has already put her posters up. Damn.

Louisa.

I walked the dog at about 5pm and there were several picked daffodils strewn around the grass. If your going to pick them at least take them home!

Actually, if the daffs are almost 'over' dead-heading them is a good thing - it encourages growth in the bulb - thus leading to flowers next year, rather than allowing the flowers to go to seed -where the effort is put into seed production and the plant is more likely to be 'blind' next spring. So pulled-off heads (even where the stalk is also snapped off), as long as the leaves are there isn't always a sign of anti-social behaviour - particularly where the flowers are withering/ browning. Oh, and it wasn't me doing it and writing to justify my actions!

Just a little bounce to remind people that I have put my posters up (as of sunday evening) so if any of you are on Peckham Rye, Dulwich Park or GG keep an eye out and always remember, a daffodil is to be respected!

Louisa.

Hi,

As we were entering the park we noticed some children with parents picking Daffs, Once picked they then discarded them on the floor to die. I picked them up and took them home to give them water, I let the daffodils enjoy the serenity and beauty of my home. I did not charge these poor flowers rent nor food to keep them alive, and I consider I was public spirited in keeping these flowers alive. So why did the male in a 4x4 Reliant Robin, with air horns (must be enviromently friendly as all they use is air) toot his horn at me!

Kind regards,

Libra Carr

Only member of the East Dulwich Popular Front.

As the "daffs" are nearly over, I took Louisa's poster home, framed it and mounted it in the "smallest room". The poster is a beautiful, Hogarthian piece of work - in the foreground a chubby child, named "Excess", picks the young daffodils that (we are told) represent the working class. The child's docile mother looks on as she draws deep from a huge flagon of Cafe Nero coffee. In her buggy a baby, whose bib bears the legend "The Future", cries unnoticed.

In the background, a small dog shits sausage rolls labelled "EDD", and a succession of effete dandies scoff them delightedly whilst burning ?10 notes. The dog itself has its nose in a bag of Gregg's Steak Slices.

It's a shame I don't have a scanner or I'd post the image here. It's quite affecting.

You know, I think there is: on the right of the scene a gentlemen of the watch sits at a bench, tearing to pieces a take-away curry. Dangling from his bursting waist band is an oversized, yet flaccid, truncheon bearing the legend: 0800 555 111.

This meaning of this part of the picture was unclear to me. Thank you for clearing that up.

Yes to daffodils and no to selfish daffodil picking parents. That was a tough one to decide wasn't it? Calling them losers is a bit stiff though.

As for climate change, Louisa caused it with all that constant fuming. She also made all ghosts with her deathly vitriol causing instant mortification, preventing passing over.

So there.