Stop picking daffodils from GG and Peckham Rye Park!!

Louisa

One rule for all regardless of the little girl being took to see her granny who is expected to die by the end of the week,{the granny} look mummy, please can I pick that flower for grannie, no its illegal says the mum, but mum you couldnt buy the 99p ones cause you used your money to pay your bus fare and that flower is the exact same as the one on grannys curtains, maybe it will cheer her up, no child theres people in this area who are extrmely worried about there daffs and wouldnt believe us if we said we didnt have 99p, Please mummy, oh ok but look out for the hidden cameras. later that day granny dies, after a long day at last the child and her mum sleeps but is woke early, the doorbell.

And while we're at it, the holly at Christmas time too.

Although why the debate has shifted onto telling your kids not to do it, I'm not sure. The OP stated 'ignorant buggers ... picking flowers with their kids', not kids being allowed to pick flowers while with their parents.

I'm with Louisa on this too (not the ghosts, climate changes etc etc) the daffs are for everyone to appreciate, we all understand they're simple pleasure and it's a shame that that pleasure is reduced because of a selfish few.

Is the point that they are "Public Flowers"?...if its because someone can't afford to buy them then I suggest obtaining a list of people who have no objection to this and ripping up all the plants and flowers in their Front Gardens or balconies as they are being removed for the greater good of the teeleef (and his/her dying Grannies)....

I was teasing Louisa with my arguments - but unless the areas are manifestly disfigured by a little of this activity I'm not overly bothered if people do pick some. Every day I have walked past in the last week I can't say I've done an impression of Chuck Heston at the end of Planet of the Apes and gone "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I was teasing Louisa with my arguments - but

> unless the areas are manifestly disfigured by a

> little of this activity I'm not overly bothered if

> people do pick some. Every day I have walked past

> in the last week I can't say I've done an

> impression of Chuck Heston at the end of Planet of

> the Apes and gone "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

:)):))

Louisa Wrote:

> Hear Hear Ann! I bought some daffs out of an M&S

> Simply Food in Greenwich few weeks ago for 99p

Ah yes, those'll be the ones being carried over on planes from which country....?

I agree Mark, some people play the climate change card just for the sake of it, I mean the Isles of Scilly used to be the biggest daffodil exporter in the UK and they still supply councils up and down the contry with fresh daffs each spring. This plants are home grown and not brought in from another country on planes so they arnt exactly adding anything significantly to the Co2 emissions.

Some people are such hypocrites on the whole climate change thing, at least I am being honest when I say it is probably too late now, i'm not suggesting people should not do anything but by sitting on a computer and wasting energy you are hardly being eco warriors!

Louisa.

It's the "Don't be a prat" one rule thing, isn't it.

It's all that's needed.

As for everything starting from the Industrial Revolution, louisa, can we also therefore blame religious people in general and quakers in particular - since 90%* of the people who invented the things that started off the industrial revolution were quakers.

Is that how your argument goes?

* apparently.

Mikecg Mr Louisa and I share a very equal partnership in our marriage, unless he is wrong (most of the time) and I then put him in his place!

PR, what I was getting at was it all started with the Industrial Revolution, and as it was only recognised as a problem very recently I cannot see how what we do now would in any way affect climate change unless of course it was on a global scale which it just wont ever be. Sure a few of us might turn lightbulbs off or stop using plastic bags at the supermarket but it will take a hell of a lot more to resolve any warming of the planet. If you ask me, much of this stuff is simply just an industry which has been created from climate change, most scientists and global leaders are resigned to the fact that we cant do anything to change it now so a loot of the hot air bouncing around is purely just for political favour and not to 'save the planet'!

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

> Mikecg Mr Louisa and I share a very equal

> partnership in our marriage, unless he is wrong

> (most of the time) and I then put him in his

> place!

When putting him in his place does this ever involve a weapon?

Louisa Wrote:

> Mikecg Mr Louisa and I share a very equal

> partnership in our marriage, unless he is wrong

> (most of the time) and I then put him in his

> place!

Did you mean that he is wrong most of the time? or that you have an equal relationship most of the time?.

I don't post very often but do read most of them. The majority of daffodils planted in large swathes in the area, were planted as part of the Marie Curie Cancer 'plant a daffodil' Field of Hope, as a lasting tribute to loved ones. Picking these lovely flowers that are only out for such a short time is a huge insult to those that planted them and the memory of those who died.