Starbucks in ED Sainsburys

katietatie

Hiya dulwichmum,

Yes I certainly remember Starbucks at DKH Sainsburys. Was really surprised when it turned up there, not long after Starbucjs bought out Seattle Coffee Co and started to colonise the West End. Often used to have a coffee there on a Sunday after picking up stuff from Sainsburys.

Bit surreal to have a view of the other shoppers coming through the checkouts, though.

The staff in there were a bit hopeless, as well.

Well Slim,

I just loved the big soft chairs and the coffee and the fluffy top on it, and the cheesecake, and the Ikea sliding bead toy thingy that occupied the little ones while they ate their ginger bread men. Isn't it a sad day when you stop shoe shopping, just long constantly for sleep, and the hilight of your week is a Starbucks in Sainsburys!

Parenthood, men should have government health warnings tattooed on their foreheads!

Bagpuss78, cherish your weekend lie ins, and enjoy eating Haagen Dazs ice cream without lots of other spoons being grabbed from the drawer and plunged into your ice-cream pot...

I love the children, but I am exhausted.

DM

Darling Mr Mikewbate,

It is the relaxation of Starbucks that I enjoy (I have been there twice today already, once at London Bridge and once in Clapham!). I couldn't possibly work there, it would take the fun out of it.

I really don't think I fancy donkey milk latte either to be fair. Perhaps you could corner the market with an ass milk bath on LL? Didn't Cleapatra favour that as a beauty treatment? I don't think I fancy that either, but well, some people like crystals and reiki healing - so I suppose someone might be into it...

Maybe you could rent some space upstairs in Soup Dragon?

DM

Dear DM,

Hope you have one of those steel insulated mugs, seeing as you are a Starbucks addict. You'll save money and be doing something less damaging to the planet. (Note that I did not say good for the planet. Hmmm, controversial.) Nero

Hurrah!!! I will be moving from North London to East Dulwich on Saturday & although I do not know where the Sainsburys is in relation to Barry Road I look forward to exploring my new home & surrounding areas. I am rather partial to the gingerbread thingammy latte & a Rocky Road biscuit :-$

& please someone say hi to me I know I am technically still a Nth Londoner until Saturday but I have posted a few times on here now & not heard a peep back.... :'(

Dear Giddygecko,

Welcome to Dulwich darling! It is just super, and with our branch of Starbucks returning - virtually paradise. I think we should all meet up in there when the coffee shop opens in order to christen it. I shall buy you a gingerbread drink and rocky road biscuit to welcome you here myself.

DM

Awwwwwwwww thanks DM. I am really looking forward to moving into the area (almost all packed) van is coming at 10am tomorrow. I wish I could go to the Dulwich fair on Sunday but I am working 10-6 so not possible. However I will have an explore the following weekend.

You all sound like a really noice bunch of peeps so looking forward to chatting & meeting some of you.

Cheers GG