>

> starship trooper ... sarah brightman

>

> anything by alison moyet

>

> anything by james blunt

>

> too many to continue typing .......

Joe Dolce? What sort of choice is that? It's crap, everyone agrees. But at least it kept Viennna off the number one slot.

A blanket condemnation of Alison Moyet? What including the great Yazooos Don't Go and Only You?

Too many to continue typing? Why?

What's a-matter you...?

[quote name=But Charlies' date=' isn't there a consensus among people with ears that Heroes And Villains, God Only Knows, Good Vibrations, Dancing Queen, Knowing Me Knowing You and The Day Before You Came are all three minute packages of sonic joy?

Give me that much at least.

Come on Charlies. Too Rye Ay.]

*rushes for sick-bag with bright green face*

charliecharlie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> >

> *rushes for sick-bag with bright green face*

Oh heck Charlies, I didn't realise you were unwell.

Take regular doses of Barbra Ann, The Sloop John B, Waterloo and half a Super Trouper.

If it fails to curb the illness, Ring Ring your doctor. It'll be time to send an SOS.

Mikecg Wrote:

> Agado what a pile of old testicles that is and it

> is accredited with the worst song ever recorded in

> history accolade.

Agado was never MEANT to be a song, Mike. It was a novelty. Akin to a Chrismas tree bauble and nothing more.

I thought that the subtext of Quids original post was to look at 'credible', 'classic' songs and c@nt them off on a personal level.

Leastways that's how I took it.

The Joker - Steve Miller, bought it at the time, now cannot accept 'pompatus'. And the guitar is just way too astringent.

F@ck off Miller.

red devil Wrote:

> If you don't make it through the night Chazzy,

> it's been nice Knowing You (Knowing Me)...see what

> you've started Hoochie?...

See what you did there RD, you omitted the Aa-Haas. I reckon you were embarassed because of the Alan Partridge association.

Get over that, it's not the main thing.

'Breaking up is never easy, I know but I have to go, Knowing me, knowing you, Its the best I can do'

That's the part to look at. Solipsistic? Probably. What do we know of the person we're not informed about?

Was it really the best the singer could do?

Manipulate us with the word 'Knowing'.

And as for your best, well who can say...

Dance With My Father Again - Luther Vandross - or should I say van DROSS!

The Greatest Love of All - Whitney Houston. I remember in my under age drinking years at the Brockwell Park Tavern in Herne Hill, (now the Florence), there was a karaoke night every Wednesday where the same 6 regulars sang the same 6 songs week after week and there was one particularly joyless and competitive woman who always belted this out like a cat in a washing machine....'no matter what they take from me, the can't take awaaay my dignitttty'....they just did love.

A Cool Rider - Grease 2 (I know it's not strictly a pop song but girls leaping about to it and shrieking and 'doing the moves' makes me come over all queasy...I know this makes me a mean cow.

Don't Stop Me Now - Queen - I may not hate this sooo intensely if it didn't remind me of seeing a bunch of sloshed over-excited sloanes run amuck while roaring along to it in a pub following England Rugby world cup final.

Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler - hate it hate it hate it....*instant allergic reaction starts scratching*

Love Me Do - The `Beatles - a controversial choice I know but if we had never heard it before and were played it now I maintain that if we were told it was a Westlife release we wouldn't bat an eyelid. *waits for catapults to be loaded and aimed!*

Wherever I Lay My Hat - Paul young version. *retches*

Things Can Only Get Better - D:REAM (if they are talking about their output then technically they're right.)

Don't cha - Pussycat Dolls (Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me?') OBNOXIOUS. Reminds me of the soulless, glassy eyed women you see in Weston Super Mare wearing slogan tee-shirts that say things like 'Your boyfriend wants to be with ME'

(no offense to WSM, my grandparents live there and I spent every childhood summer trotting up and down the sea front on the lovely lil donkeys)

Amen to many of them sailor and excellent vitriol to explain your choices - "Things can only get better" was absolutely awful even before grinning Mandleson & co wobbled along to it self-consciously at the birth of a new Britain (er....not)...anything Mandleson likes I'm going to hate

HonaloochieB Wrote:

> Mikecg Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Agado what a pile of old testicles that is and

> it

> > is accredited with the worst song ever recorded

> in

> > history accolade.

>

> Agado was never MEANT to be a song, Mike. It was a

> novelty. Akin to a Chrismas tree bauble and

> nothing more.

> I thought that the subtext of Quids original post

> was to look at 'credible', 'classic' songs and

> c@nt them off on a personal level.

> Leastways that's how I took it.

>

> The Joker - Steve Miller, bought it at the time,

> now cannot accept 'pompatus'. And the guitar is

> just way too astringent.

> F@ck off Miller.

Hona my old friend Agado has Muzak and wordz in it therefore it is a song and I've heard it and it's a complete load of tosh erilivant of what it's purpose was.

HonaloochieB Wrote:

>>

> Joe Dolce? What sort of choice is that? It's crap,

> everyone agrees. But at least it kept Viennna off

> the number one slot.

> A blanket condemnation of Alison Moyet? What

> including the great Yazooos Don't Go and Only

> You?

> Too many to continue typing? Why?

> What's a-matter you...?

I like Ultravox ... vienna

didnt like Yazoo at at , I think I was was dreaming naughty dreams about the bananarama girls at the time

and too many to continue typing cause i was at work and not suppossed to be typing away wilst punters die of thirst.

Oh God, how could I have forgotten to list I Will Survive? it's beyond dire...

slightly off topic I know but how about songs with lyrics that make you shake your head with disbelief every time you hear them...I still remember having to rewind my friend's cassette to check that I HAD heard Wayne right on his '94 classic.

G-Spot - Wayne Marshall

baby look into my eyes when we're dancing in the club

i run my hands down your thigh, baby that is not enough,

if you think im wanna take you home after the first night,

with all the things that's associated, damn right!

(chorus)

cuz tonight i wanna hear you say 'ooh aah' when i hit your g spot baby,

i wanna hear you moan and groan with delight,(oh yeah)

let me hear you say'ooh,aah' when i hit your g spot baby,

i wanna hear you moan and groan tonight(oh yeah)

for ecstacy , we dont have to go to far, where ever she is my baby,

im sure that we can find her in the dark, just hold back, relax babe,

get ready for humping, and if exstacy is waiting, baby im comin, comin

I don't know which would be worse if you were about to 'get to know someone better' for the first time, them starkly instructing you to 'get ready for humping' or the chillingly clinical and brilliantly seedy promise that if you come back to there's you'll get 'all the things thats associated'.

Lyrically Wayne manages both. legendary.

HB what boozer in Camberwell? Sexual orientation is no excuse for liking "I Will Survive"!

"......at just about half past ten

For the first time in history, it's gonna start raining men"

Now there's a real song......

My other most hated song is "Wuthering Heights". And it was number one when I was born.

[quote name='My other most hated song is "Wuthering Heights". And it was number one when I was born.

]

oh no' date=' and now we are onto the dreaded Kate Bush (more anti nausea tablets with the white wine, please vicar)

I know all you men are going to [b']rush[/b] to her defence, but please, have you every heard her interviewed???

I mean the singing is bad enough, if you must call it that, but the wimpy, little girlie voice is enough to make one despair... enough to give women a very bad name...