NOW TV

tfwsoll

Does anyone have a NOW TV Box? I don't subscribe to any sports channels and it looks like a better bet for my viewing habits but, having read their website, I'm still not 100% sure? Any advice on pros and cons would be appreciated.

I have a NOW TV box for about a year. Originally used it for both the Entertainment and Films but dropped the films after Christmas as most were rubbish IMO. I've bought the occasional day pass for Sport which if you're into football is pretty good value as you get to watch a couple of PL matches for ?8. The Entertainment pass gives you access to all the usual Sky channels except Movies. It's been pretty good value I think. I was able watch the last of the Mad Men series, been keeping up with Game of Thrones, am part way into The Affair, watched Fortitude etc. For ?20 for the box and 3 months of the Entertainment pass it's a good deal. If after then you decide it's not for you then their is nothing else to pay. You can always rejoin at a later date. If you decide to go ahead PM me as if I refer someone and they sign up we both get a ?10 gift voucher.

So confused about this. I can't ever watch premier league matches live because I don't have Sky or BT.

Plus I don't even want to watch half of them and paying an unaffordable ?90 per month is impossible.

What I would love to do is just be able to pay to watch individual matches.

Can you do this with NOW TV?

If not, are there any other pay-per-view channels still available?

I have Now TV built into my LG TV, which works fine, although it can buffer from time to time. The Now tv boxes suffer from motion judder as they output at a different frequency to services that broadcast in the UK. For a tenner, what do you expect? It also works on Chromecast, which is better than the Now TV box.

Personally I'd only use it for sports and entertainment as the picture quality on the films is sub-standard HD.

@AQM - There is no contract so you can dip into Sky Sports whenever you want with a 24 hour pass for ?6.99 or a weeks pass for ?10.99. Depending on what matches Sky have, the 24 hour pass gets you the early and late kick offs on Saturday or the late Saturday and early kickoff on Sunday. The box is a re-badged Roku box, its not 1080 HD only 780 and it relies on a good wifi signal and decent BB connection as the programs are streamed over the internet.