The Plough Pub

JADED

I recently had their ploughmans which I really enjoyed. So I had it again and it wasn?t that great the second time. Perhaps I should have waited a day or so.

I also think it was a little expensive or maybe not. Anyway I left feeling a little annoyed about something but it could have just been an uncomfortable chair or an ingrown toenail.

Anyway the ploughmans comes with 2 thick greasy slices of pork which I liked and some cheese and pickle and bread and celery and an apple and I?m just rambling now so I?ll get back to work.

I ate in the Plough for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was early on the Thursday evening - not too many punters and just prior to the Quiz. Atmosphere pleasant, food very nice indeed. Mrs C had bangers and mash - well, poshed-up sausages and mash-ed po-tatoes more like, and I had a vegetarian Lasagne thingy. We even had puds. Not too pricey. All in all a decent experience, but there again I don't get out all that much and am nowhere near as discerning as some of the epicurians on this forum.

citizen.

MW74 - glad to report no sign of undesirables.

PS why is it that restaurants often seem to serve smaller portions for vegetarians? Mrs C's bangers and mash was large (she didn't polish it off) whereas my veggie dish was like a starter. Kept waiting for them to bring out a huge steaming plate of rice or something whilst all the time knowing it wasn't coming. You'd think they would realise that veg's are not as filling as meat and that they are cheaper. wish that they would cater for bl**dy ravenous vegetarians like me.

I?ve never understood why vegetarian options have to be a ?second class? choice on menus, always a meat dish with something like tofu to replace meat. There are plenty of dishes out there that are vegetarian by their very nature and can just be part of the menu, aimed at all the punters not just the veggies. I?m an avid meat eater but don?t feel that every meal I eat has to be based around meat in order to somehow qualify it as a ?proper? meal. A vegetable lasagna has just as much to recommend it as a half chicken IMO.

Veering wildly off topic there but this is lounged anyway.

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That ought to be the case here in the UK, but it's

> pretty hit & miss as I'm sure you well know.

> I'm sad to inform you however, that you'd probably

> starve to death in Spain. ;)

And France... You would also be viewed with suspicion! ;-)

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "poster boy" baddam-tish ;)

>

> I'm honestly trying to cut down, just not very

> good at it.

> Actually I believe keef is still numero uno.

Only ahead of you bu 40 odd!!! Considering the fact he joined later than us, I think Sean is the most prolific! ;-)