The Plough Pub

JADED

I am trying to be an independent observer here. Isn?t putting bouncers on a door to ?keep undesirables out? a sure way to aggravate said undesirables and invite them to come around and make trouble?

I know I would be a tad upset if my local put heavies on the door to keep me out because they didn?t like the way I dressed, spoke, acted etc. Although I do not tend to fight, behave obnoxiously and use drugs on a regular basis.

why was this lounged? for length?

any road up, i went in there last night and thought it was fab, having frequented the slightly menacing fog of the old one, the new version is great. i like the way it has used a range of furniture styles, it feels front roomy. they've thought about it rather than chucking half a dozen cows at new leather seating.

not so sure about the short south african 'bouncer' on the door wearing denim. at least i presume thats what he was, unless he was citizened saying hello to everyone again.

I popped in for a quick pint on Friday afternoon and have to say I was very impressed. The photo up in this thread doesn't do the makeover any justice at all and they've done an excellent job on the garden. Will deffo being going back, especially if they manage to keep out the previous thug element.

Yep - reckon so Georgia. We popped in over the weekend. It's huge so reckon there's room for all types (can't be bothered to get into the class thing).

As Sean M says, great selection of beers (although a locally-living colleague I bumped into said he and his mate had chosen different ales but had ended up with the same one cos the pumps were wired to the same barrel - apparently).

V friendly staff and really nice to have a place withing happy walking distance. Keep it real Upper East Side possee ... ahem ...